| chapter fourteen. |

♚ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ♚

♚ CHAPTER FOURTEEN 

KAGEYAMA HAD A FIRM GRIP ON the volleyball. His mind was still on their quick attack, which eventually paid off their hard work, and the two of them continued to practice after the match was over. He didn't forget about the serves he saw the day before, though. It is something he will never forget.

For a brief moment, the youngest of them cast a glance at Yanagi who was conversing to the second year. He wanted to approach him, but he didn't want to interrupt them and Kageyama didn't feel the need to hear what they're conversing about and instead waited until Yanagi had finished and was alone before approaching his upperclassman with determined steps. The dark gray-haired man raised an eyebrow at him as he noticed his excited earnest expression.

"What is it?"

Kageyama bowed in a 90-degree bow. "Please teach me your serves, Yangi-san!" He closed his eyes and hoped Yanagi would teach him. And not like he was with Oikawa. But then a hand reached out and gently stroked his hair.

"Alright."

He went completely still. His mouth dropped open in surprise. "Eh?" he exclaimed, perplexed. Then after a few seconds, he blinked repeatedly. "Really?"

The older's brows furrowed in wonder as he pondered at his reaction. "I'm your senpai, right?"

That short sentence somehow made Kageyama's heart warm. He clenched his hands around the volleyball and bowed once more. "Thank you!"

The actions of the two could not be separated from Yamaguchi's view and attention, who stood silently in a corner of the court. He stared blankly, his heart rumbling with an unexplainable sensation. His hand, which was holding a volleyball, was slightly tighter.

Then his eyes fell on his teammates who were practicing on the court. Except for Tsukishima, they seemed more enthused and ambitious. He bit his lower lip as his chest became heavy. I want it too...

○ ♚ ○

Is there any better way to wake up than next to this view?

Yamaguchi blinked slowly, acclimating to his new surroundings and the sudden light, before widening his eyes in surprise when his vision cleared. In front of him, he was directly confronted by a broad muscular back of his upperclassman.

With a startled yelp, he sat down right away. He clenched his grip on the blanket and returned his gaze to the muscular back. Yamaguchi wouldn't be lying if he admitted to being envious of such a body. A smooth fair back that there isn't even a tiny mole that adorned it. He secretly wished he could touch the muscles because they were so beautiful. And the scar―