𐀔・Changes・𐀔

Over the next few months, many things had changed.

Technology within the walls had furthered greatly. Thunder spears were created for the future expedition to Shiganshina. To you, however, you called them boom sticks, and you always wanted to get a closer look. Levi was not letting that happen. He made Hange lock them up when nobody was around specifically so you wouldn't injure yourself with your curiosity.

Your hair grew a lot, and Levi cut it for you. You were worried you would look weird, but Levi said he knew what he was doing. It turned out a little shaggy, but it looked cute according to everyone else. Hange made Levi admit that he thought it was cute too.

One of the biggest things was you learning to harden your body. Hange, Armin, Levi, and Eren would be with you. Surprisingly, you were able to do it after a few tries. Levi said some remark at Eren about how you were so much younger yet you could do it much quicker.

Over the time you spent with the Scouts, everyone learning what you valued most. Approval, and satisfaction. You hated disappointing people, and all you wanted was everyone's praise. So, when you hardened your skin, everyone made it clear they were very proud. This made you really happy.

But you were in a lot of pain.

This did cause you a lot of pain, and everyone knew it once you collapsed after your first time hardening your skin. Hange and Levi would limit you to make sure you didn't hurt yourself doing this. Anytime you fainted after training, Levi would refuse anyone beside himself to bring you to the infirmary or his office.

Historia was the true bloodline for royalty. This shocked you and you started calling her a princess. You thought the princess was always cooler and prettier than the queen in stories. It always made her laugh and hug you.

//

It was about 5:00 at night and you sat alone in the mess hall. Once all of the crazy events had gone down, you've had a chance to reflect and remember everything that's happened, including (F/N). All this time, you wondered what had happened to him, from the moment the scouts had taken you in to right before you found out the terrifying news.

You killed (F/N).

Once everyone has settled back in HQ, you broke down about it, and Levi comforted you while Eren tried to explain and relate to you, explaining how he had ate his father. You didn't sleep at all that night. You did nothing but cry, weep, and sob in Levi's lap while he constantly tried to calm you down.

Things that usually worked, like visiting Levi's squad, eating your favorite foods, or just getting a hug and a head pat from Levi (which always made you feel better), didn't work. You were just beside yourself on the matter. You felt disgusted and terrible. And you couldn't help but think about Tony as well. The terrible conversations you overheard, the man who was chained up in his basement, (F/N)'s warnings, everything.

This meant that (F/N) had the same power that you now have. You took note how the man you and (F/N) found in the basement also had electrical currents flowing through him, so you wondered if (F/N) got his powers from that man. You wondered if Tony even knew anything about this.

You store at a single lit candle in the middle of the table that you sat at. Unknown to you, Levi, Hange, and Erwin all were watching you from outside the mess hall doors. They were all worried since you had never distanced yourself from everyone like this before. Levi was really worried due to your distress continuing for days on end, him barely being able to make you drink a spoonful of soup or a sip of water. Levi caught Erwin and Hange up on who (F/N) was to you since you used to tell him stories of you both, just like an excited little kid told their parent what they did after a play date.

Suddenly, a sniffle was heard, then your eyes became salty, then your cheeks did, then the table. Levi, without looking back at Erwin or Hange, walked straight into the mess hall. He knew how it felt, loosing a friend and all. If must have felt so worse with your hope that he could've been okay and just lost. But you ate him, you killed him. Levi sat next to you and pulled you into his lap, petting your hair and rubbing your back, whispering nonsense. Over the few months he's taken care of you, he knew that you were calmed by hearing his voice.

Levi whispered random things like stories, things about his squad, his horse who he knew you loved, basically anything positive that crossed his mind.

To his luck and surprise, you had fallen asleep. He stayed still with you in his arms for a minute before getting up and heading for his room to put you in bed. He passed Erwin who gently patted your head and Hange who almost yelled about how cute you and Levi were together. Levi gave her the "Ill kill you later" glare and left for his bedroom.