Chapter 31

Quietly sneaking past the Head boy and girl on their nightly rounds for the night, and watching for the lurking professors, the three teens made their way out of the castle and into the Forbidden Forest. They made their way through half of the forest trying to find the perfect clearing to get a full glimpse of the moon.

"Come on, just a little further." Ginny said as Tris and Hermione stomped behind her. They were tired and annoyed that Ginny wouldn't stop going deeper and deeper into the forest. Finally, Ginny had found the perfect spot where they could get the full view of the moon. They sat on the forest's grounds and just looked up at the beautiful full moon.

Tris loved the view, however, she couldn't stop thinking about what her dad was going through tonight being a full moon was high in the sky. She didn't say anything to the other two girls and just looked up at the full blue moon.

Suddenly, the cracking sound of a stick was heard coming from behind them. Tris immediately jumped and turned her head around facing the direction of where the noise had just come from. Ginny and Hermione didn't even flinch. They were too busy chatting with each other about Harry and Ron.

"Did you hear that?" Tris said quietly. "Tris, stop being so paranoid." Hermione said to the flustered teen. Tris then closed her eyes and held them closed for a few seconds before opening her eyes and using her hybrid gift of seeing things in the dark. Hermione and Ginny noticed her bright blue glowing eyes and were amazed.

"Wow, that's so cool." Ginny said. Tris ignored her comments and scanned the perimeter of the forest before blinking again turning her eyes back to their normal hazel shade. She didn't see anyone and just tried to relax and look at the moon. "See, you're just being paranoid. Everything is fine. No one is out here besides us." Ginny said as she put a hand on the paranoid teen.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, the boys were all sitting in the Gryffindor common room. "Where did they say they were going again?" Edmund said to the group. "Stargazing, I think that's what Ginny said." Harry said as he stared into the fireplace where Sirius' face had once appeared. George laughed to himself quietly because he knew they weren't on the school grounds stargazing. They were brave and stupid enough to go into the Forbidden Forest this late at night just to see a bloody moon.

The guys continued to chit chat like they normally do at night when all of a sudden the loud sirens from the school started going off. These alarms weren't to be looked over as just a practice drill. These type of alarms only went off when Deatheaters or Dementors were on the school grounds.

"What the bloody hell?" Ron said as he stood up from the sofa. All of the boys quickly stood and ran over to the door to see what was going on. When they opened the door, students started running down the halls to ask their Professors what was going on.

"Professor McGonagall, what's going on?" Peter said to the Gryffindors head of house. "Deatheaters have been spotted on school grounds. Last they were seen, they were heading into the Forbidden Forest, but we don't understand why." she said as she tried to calm her students. Eventually she calmed her students and sent them all back to their dorms.

"Where did she say they were heading?" George asked Peter. "The Forbidden Forest I think." Peter said as he walked away back towards the common room with some younger scared students. George's eyes grew wide. He knew that's where the girls were and that the Deatheaters were probably after Tris. George then bolted down the halls and headed for the side doors of the castle. Fred, Ron, Harry, and Edmund all ran after him trying to keep up.