1.

Atlanta, Georgia
111 - ʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛ ᴀʙᴜɴᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏsᴘᴇʀɪᴛʏ.
_________________________

All There by Jeezy blasted through the speakers of the house party that was a little ways from campus. Mai was growing irritated from her surroundings being that she didn't know anyone besides her two friends.

"I told you everything was gon' be smooth tonight!" Lakinna slightly bumped Mai's shoulder allowing her small frame to move back some.

Lakinna was one of Mai's best friends. She was a party girl, unlike Mai, but knew how to stay to herself. She didn't like being involved with too much drama.

Standing at five foot five and slim with small curves, Mai was known as the non-party type out of the two of her friends Lakinna and Terri. She was blessed with beautiful brown melanated skin that was evenly light and dark creating a caramel, golden tint.

Many tended to mistaken her for East African, Dominican, or Indian. In reality, she was just Black. Mai's hair was always done in weaves or wigs but her real hair laid at about seventeen inches. If worn, it was mainly curly revealing her 3b/3c texture.

She didn't enjoy outings as much as her two friends, Lakinna and Terri. Mai would always attend due to peer pressure from her two friends but would rather stay in her apartment at Clark Atlanta University, a Historically Black College in Atlanta, Georgia where she was majoring in Nursing.

Lakinna and Terri attended Clark as well. Lakinna was majoring in Early Childhood Education and Terri was majoring in Business Management.

The three girls all had different aspirations but knew how to put time aside for parties and kickbacks. They tended to happen frequently and Lakinna always knew about the best functions.

"And that fine ass nigga been staring at you ever since we walked in here!" Terri motioned her head over to a dude that was with a group of niggas. The dude didn't seem to be paying attention to any of the three.

Terri was known to be a liar and an attention-seeker. She often dismissed her friends and was seen as the mean one of the group. When the attention wasn't on her, she was pissed.

Terri had a smart mouth and grew up in Newark, New Jersey. New Jersey was nothing compared to Atlanta.

"Terri, why you just lie like that?" Mai chuckled after looking over at the group that Terri pointed to. Wanting to roll her eyes, she just sipped her alcoholic drink from her red cup, "All I know is, if I can't wake up for class tomorrow Ima be sick."

Mai always put school before parties and kickbacks. She had three siblings which she knew was handful for her mother. Mai wanted to make her mother and her father proud.

Although her father wasn't with her to see her success, Mai used to occasionally speak to him over the phone while he was serving time in jail. Once she got to college, the two grew apart.

"You gon' wake up for class, girl. Just relax and enjoy this shit." Terri rolled her eyes and turned to her left, catching a glimpse of her on-and-off boyfriend, Jessie approaching the trio.

Jessie was the biggest hoe at Clark. He had girls lined up from almost every school in Atlanta and he made sure to get around to each of them. Jessie wasn't going to let him having a girlfriend stop him from living his young and turnt lifestyle.