• Chapter 3.5 ⚰️

I left my house walking across the road to Sidney's. It was pitch dark out since it was after 7, the cool breeze from earlier now icy. Walking over to her house on night like these still gives me the creeps. It reminds me of last year.

Flashback

"So what's been happening between you and billy? Hmmm?" I locked to the side to see a large smile cross her face.

"Shut up" she said her grin covering her whole face

Both her and I were meant to be doing a project tonight but instead it's into her and I laying on my bed eating ice cream raising about our love lives. Both of us lay on our back looking up to the ceiling. Our legs raised against the wall as we ate the Ben and jerrys.

"Oh come on. How's it been going?" A blush crossed her cheeks as she looked to me

""He's so sweet Y/n, he really is" I smiled at this, happy she found someone who was good to her. "Well what's been happening between you and Stu huh? I see you two are settling in nicely" I turned to look at her to get met with the same eyes I had given her about billy.

"Oh my god sid, he's just so fucking perfect. Like he's so cute" I smiled to her as she craned her head to look at the digital clock by my bed

"Crap. is that the Time" I looked over to her laughing

"No Sid. Funnily enough, Clocks have begun telling the weather instead of time" she gave me a deadpan look as she got up from her spot on the bed

"Ha ha." She began to collect all the paper that was thrown around the room "I better get going, dads out of town and moms home alone tonight" she threw her bag over her shoulder and made her way out my bedroom door.

I walked her to the front door, hugging her and telling her I'd see her in the morning. I made my way back up the stairs, laying down on my bed. Something leather stuck into my back as I pulled it out from underneath me. A groan left my lips at the sight of Sidney's jacket. She's gonna want that for tomorrow morning.

I groggily made my way down the stairs. I was absolutely wrecked. I pulled open my front door, looking across the way to see Sidney shut the door behind her. Accepting the fact that I would have to deliver this to her and not just call her, I began to make my way out the front gate and across the garden.

The shadow of someone coming around the edge of Sidney's house caught my attention as I halted my movements. The person also halting their movements as they noticed me. I began to adjust to the darkness and just as their face was becoming clear a bloodcurdling scream came from inside in the house. The person took off running and I raced up the front porch, pushing open the door. The Prescott's always left their door unlocked. Why wouldn't they Woodsboro was safe.

"Sidney?" I screamed her name not seeing any sight of her. "SIDNEY" Another scream from upstairs caught my attention. Racing up the stairs I halted my movements when I saw Sidney on the floor, infront of her parents bedroom door, tears running down her face as she continued to scream looking into the room. I ran to her side, collapsing on the ground beside her taking her into my arms.

"Shh, shh it's okay I'm here." My head lifted up from
Looking down at Sid to the scene infront of me. My heart broke into a million pieces as blood painted the walls. Maureen, the woman I saw as a second mother, laying in her bed. Butchered.

"Cmon Sidney. We gotta get out of here. Now Sid" I helped pick her up off the ground as we made our way out the front door and back to my house.

Mom and dad met us at the door. "What the hell happened" I looked up at my dad shaking my head

"Call the cops. Maureen's dead" at this news mom dropped to her knees. A scream falling from her lips.

Ten minutes later, police and ambulances surrounded the house. Sidney and I had been questioned. Sidney told them she saw cotton weary leave the house and I told them I saw a figure at the side of the house too. The police ruled cotton as a prime suspect but something inside me told me that the figure I saw wasn't him. But someone a lot more familiar.