x2

Dalia's POV

It's been five weeks since Dalton disappeared. I've barely seen Dally around and the football team lost the first game without their starting quarterback.

Wanna know who's taken the heat for it?

Me...

I wanted him to come back. But people seem to think i have something to do with his disappearance. I asked Dally but he had no idea and didn't seem to care.

How could someone just not care about their sibling like that?

I mean, I guess I sound hypocritical. I'm not fond of Dallas. But I guess I never knew how close Dally and Dalton were. I guess not close enough for him to care.

"Anything new?" Lottie asked.

I sighed. "No. But everyone hates me for it. I wanted to look for him. Nobody else did until he was actually reported missing." I mumbled.

"Sorry about Riley. I thought she'd care a little more..."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. She's popular now just cause she hates me."

"I'm sorry, Dalia. Really, I am."

"I know. Thank you."

Lottie opened her mouth to say something but stopped when a cold liquid fell down my back. I gasped as it soaked into my shirt and pressed against my back.

"Murderer..." Mariah mumbled, throwing her smoothie cup on the ground.

I threw my pen that I was holding to the ground and tried to push the pink smoothie off my head.

"Hey, what the hell?" Someone asked, going up to Mariah.

I looked up as Lottie handed me a napkin from her lunch box. Dallas was all up in Mariah's face.

"Look, she deserved it." You could tell she was trying to be tough but it wasn't working very well. Dallas scared the shit out of her and anyone from a mile away could tell that.

"Fuck off before I knock your head in." Dally mumbled.

Mariah and her little posse walked off and Dallas walked next to me. "You ok?" He asked.

"Does it look like I'm ok?" I snapped. I stormed off before I could hear his response. Lottie followed.

"Wow. That's the first time I've seen Dallas try and help you..." she mumbled.

"If he really wanted to help, he would have helped find Dalton and not just let me be accused of murder for a month straight."

I went home after I couldn't get the smell of strawberry out of my hair. Plus I felt gross and sticky after I got all the smoothie out.

I walked in our apartment knowing damn well nobody would be there. I called out to see if anyone was home though, first. With my family, you never can tell what's up.

How can someone think I'd do that to my brother? Murder him? Really? I love him more than I love myself.

Mariah and her damn minions are just out to make my life miserable.

Dallas sticking up for me was probably just some distraction. Make everyone think that he cares about his siblings.

This sounds terrible, but I almost wish it was Dallas who disappeared instead of Dalton.

*Five Months Later*

I got up from bed and was almost excited for today. Dallas promised me he'd take me to the new pancake place down the street from school.

He's 16 now and I'm 15. Dalton would be 18. But nobody knows where he is. Or if he's even alive.

It hurt to think about... but I have to move on. His girlfriend before he disappeared, Grace, and I have become closer. She and I aren't really... friends? But we're acquaintances. She's the sweetest girl you'll ever meet.

Lottie and I also have become closer. Her parents aren't around much, so they can't tell her not to be friends with me like everyone else's parents did in middle school.

I got up a bit later than I usually did because I didn't wanna eat breakfast before I go get pancakes.

I waited five minutes before Dallas said we were leaving and Dallas hasn't even left his room. I put my backpack down and knocked on his door.

"Dally?" I asked. Nothing. I knocked again.

I noticed that the door was unlocked. Whenever Dallas was in his room, which was rare, he always had the door locked.

But he promised me...

I opened the door slightly and the lights were off and the curtains were drawn. The only light came from the sun rays peaking through the windows.

I looked around. His bed wasn't made, but there weren't any clothes on his floor, which from what I remembered, used to be a common thing for him.

I looked through his drawers.

There were barely any clothes in there. He didn't have a lot to begin with, but his drawers were practically empty.

What the hell is going on?

I looked in his drawer.

His prized possession was still there.

His 1935 Silver Blade.

He'd never go anywhere without it.

But he's... not... here...

"Dallas!" I called out. "Dally!" I screamed.

I walked out into the kitchen and none of his stuff was lying out.

He's... not... here...

He lied to me!

I cant believe him!

I walked quickly to school out of anger and met Lottie in the hallway. "Hey, you look pissed off. What happened?"

"Where's Dallas?" I snapped.

"I dunno. Probably with his friends. Wh- wait... didn't you say he was gonna take you to that new pancake place?" Lottie asked.

"YES! And I get up this morning and he's not even there and half his stuff is gone!"

"Are you kidding? Come on, let's go find him. His friends normally hangout at the end of the hallway before school starts. Let's go see him."

"Nah, that's not a good idea. They're brutal-"

Before I could say anything else, someone grabbed the collar of my jacket and pulled me back to face him.

It was a tall, large man. His breath smelled of weed. "Where the hell is Dallas?" He asked, his words slurred.

"I dunno. He likes y'all more than he likes me. You tell me." I said, trying to seem intimidating. I doubt it even fazed him.

"I'll give you one more chance before I bust your face in." He said.

"I. Don't. Know."

He raised his fist to punch me but Dalton taught me a bunch of self defense moves when I was younger, just in case I got into trouble.

I twisted his arm but his self defense wasn't gonna work anymore. I went off what Dallas taught me instead and tackled him to the ground.

"I said I don't know. Lay off." I mumbled getting up.

I grabbed Lottie and walked into the girls bathroom before they could return anything towards me.

"What a bunch of assholes! They really think I know where Dallas is? He hates me! He won't even keep his one promise towards me!" I yelled, more of a rant to myself than Lottie.

"So Dallas is really gone?" She asked cutting me off.

I was gonna continue rambling but I stopped.

"Shit..." I mumbled.

How did I not realize it?

Dallas is gone.