LX

"what?" i mumbled out, shaking myself out of karls grasp and springing up to face dream once again.

the blonds expression grew bitter and he averted my gaze, now looking at quackity who stood by my side.

"dream look at me- what do you mean his execution?" i beseeched, eyeing his stance.

dream reluctantly shifted his sights back to me, his green eyes piercing into me.

"he will face the court for accounts of treason. if he is found guilty..." dream paused, eyes flickering to quackity and then back to me.

"...he will be executed."

my right hand flew up to cup my mouth as i let out a shaky gasp. tears began to well up in my eyes, obscuring my vision.

"why- he hasnt done anything." i mumbled.

dream chewed on the inside of his cheek, his arms crossing over his torso once again.

"he couldnt provide any information on you or your whereabouts. george thought he was lying." dream replied.

my breathing came to a pause, my stomach dropping instantly. i felt nauseous, like i could throw up at any second.

"its my fault..?" i questioned aloud, which cemented the truth.

technoblade is going to die because of me.

dream and quackity glanced at eachother, before turning their gazes back to me. they were unsure of what to do, awkwardly standing by.

"no. no we have to save him, we cant let this happen- ill trade places-" my voice quavered before i was cut off.

"you will do no such thing. george is keeping him alive because he doesnt know where you are. once he finds you, techno dies." dream boomed sternly.

"just let me keep you safe." his eyes softening at the distressed look on my features.

tears freely flowed down my flushed cheeks, pooling at my chin. i sunk to my knees, shaky breaths escaping my lips.

dream reached out, ready to console my fragile form but quackity stood between us, shielding me from the taller man.

the brown eyed male bent down, pulling me into his unexpectedly muscular arms. i pressed my tear stained face into his shirt, quackity brushing his hand against my hair.

i peaked out, looking up to dream whos expression had shifted to one of resentment.

"please" i began in a low voice as quackity continued to lull me.

dream became more attentive, his features eased.

"please, do whatever you can. whatever in your power to keep techno safe, for me." i stared intensely up at the cloaked male who had poked his tongue against the inside of his cheek.

"i promise. ill do everything i can."

~*~*~*~

third person pov

wilbur ran his free hand through his knotted locks, then slamming it against the hardwood table.

it had grown to be nightfall and y/n was nowhere to be seen. the tall brunette and his father had spent several hours out in the frigid weather searching for the young person.

the boys had patched up the broken doors to both phil and technos respective homes, and now everyone had gathered in philzas dining room.

the men all sat around the, now scuffed from techno and wilburs disagreement, hardwood table.

"why didnt you stop them?" wilbur castigated, shooting a glare towards ranboo who was sitting across the table.

the half enderman muttered out a string of apologies.

"leave the boy alone, wil." phil raised his voice towards his first born, making the brunette back off.

"look- y/n couldnt have gone that far- they dont even know the lands past here very well." tommy attempted to calm his older brother.

"more reason for me to believe they are dead in a ditch, thank you tom." wilbur spat, pushing his chair back and standing up.

"did you contact niki? what about quackity or karl?" wilbur questioned his father.

"niki replied, she and puffy are searching around l'manburg and the surrounding forests... my crows couldnt reach karl or quackity for some reason." phil let out a tired sigh.

"oi- you think karls at his library?" tommy perked up, adjusting his sitting position.

"what do you mean, the one in the ravine- id hardly call that a library." wilbur muttered.

"it would explain why dads pigeons couldnt reach him." tommy continued.

"crows, tommy. theyre crows." phil mumbled.

"yeah whatever. it would make sense, plus you know quackity follows him everywhere."

wilbur chewed on his bottom lip in contemplation.

"its not too far out. wouldnt hurt to check."

a/n- i have so many deadlines- and ive been working all weekend for the last two weeks- havent got a break yet. hope you enjoyed this short chapter, itll progress more and get sad soon lol.

vote n comment <33