12.05

"Ok, and remember

"Ok, and remember. Be kind, learn a lot and make friends!" Helena pressed a quick kiss to her eldest daughter's forehead, while holding Caroline's hand.

"I will, mama!" She nodded, her little yellow blanky, gifted by Lexie, peaking out of her small backpack.

"Ok, now go. Sofia's waiting for you." Helena encouraged, then yelling after the girl. "Amo-te!" (I love you.)

"Também te amo!" (I love you, too!) The small girl let out, already running towards the preschool doors.

To her right, Callie approached the woman, after having just dropped off her own daughter.

"First day of pre-kindergarten." The ortho surgeon exhaled, with a smile. "How are we feeling?"

"Half proud, half old." Helena chuckled, then asking. "Did Arizona come?"

"No, we decided I should drop Sofia off and she could pick her up." Callie nodded.

Just then, both their pagers went off, making the women look for them in their bags.

Finding it first, Helena told her friend. "Big fire, apparently."

"Let's go." The older woman encouraged, as Helena picked her younger girl up.

"Let's go, pequenina. Let's get you in daycare so mama can go help out."

——

Snapping her gloves on, Helena jogged into the ER, her yellow gown already on. Going through the doors, she quickly glanced at Callie, who set a man's leg, before she walked over to the nurses station.

"Keps, where do you need me?" Helena asked her redhead friend, who quickly looked up from her tablet.

"Uh, kids in bed 2 and 9." She told her.

"Thank you." Helena smiled, beginning to walk away. As she did, however, she furrowed her brows, spotting Amelia biting her nails by the wall.

"Hey, Amelia? Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." The woman nodded. "Just checking my charts."

With a nod and a smile, Helena quickly walked over to bed 2. Something was clearly different with Amelia, she would just have to check on her later.

Opening up the curtains around the bed, she smiled, after reading he boy's name on the chart. "Good morning, Lucas. I'm Dr. Campos, but you can call me Dr. C, if you'd like. I'll be your doctor for today."