3. New day

Monday. Ugh.

Elizabeth hadn't slept well that night.

The cogs in her mind had been turning all night, which was normal for the brunette seen as she had an overactive brain that tended to overthink everything. All night she had been worrying about the next day. She had never been popular at school, she had a couple friends but never any close ones, she was smart but didn't raise her hand much since she hated people looking at her which would most definitely happen at her new school anyway seen as she was new and seemed to be relatively pale compared to everyone else in La Push, which didn't surprise her as she was born in England (where her, her mother and father had lived).

ELIZABETH POV

I dragged myself out of bed, hopped in the shower and went downstairs for breakfast. I assume Darren had already left for work so I leaned against the kitchen counter and watched my aunt who was making breakfast.
"Morning."
"Good morning, how'd you sleep?" As much as I love her positivity and everything, she's way too happy for a Monday morning.
"Alright." I replied, not really wanted to have a full conversation as I knew we would get to the whole 'how are you?', 'are you sure your ready?' topic and I'd much rather not talk about my feeling as I don't want to have a mental breakdown before I go to school.

We ate breakfast in a comfortable silence before Sarah also had to leave for work, she repeated how to get to La Push high, though I knew the way as we have walked past many times on walks to the beach.

I went upstairs and got dressed wearing the bracelet my dad got me that I never take off, some black leggings, my vans, a white top and grey hoodie. I had a small, black backpack filled with some notebooks,reading book, pens, pencils etc. I grabbed my bag, keys and headphones and left the house. I didn't mind walking to school, it gave me time to clear my head before the stressful day ahead.

As I stood across from my new school I felt the pit in my stomach get deeper thought I ignored it and continued through to the main office to get my timetable and stuff. As I walked across the parking lot, I could feel a lot of eyes on me. Yup today's gonna be a long day.