129. questions & transformations

ANOTHER TWO WEEKS had passed, which basically meant that the dreadfulness of having a Mandrake leaf in her mouth was finally over for Claudia, and now the only step left to become an Animagus was for a lighting storm to arrive so that she could dr...

ANOTHER TWO WEEKS had passed, which basically meant that the dreadfulness of having a Mandrake leaf in her mouth was finally over for Claudia, and now the only step left to become an Animagus was for a lighting storm to arrive so that she could drink the potion with the leaf in it and finally transform.

That was if everything would fold out according to plan, of course.

But, she was fairly certain that the brewing of the potion had been done correctly, considering how she had barely blinked in the process of making it in case she would miss one of the three boys making a mistake that eventually would put her into some sort of half-human half-animal body. And, with a correctly made potion, a daily reciting of the incantation Amato Animo Animato Animagus and plenty of other confusing yet easy steps, Claudia was almost convinced that she would succeed.

Almost.

"Clau- Ms. Maple!" The girl heard the familiar voice of Ingannamorte call after her as she walked down the hallways of the school, her next destination most likely being her dorm so that she could have an early night considering all the revising that she had been doing for hours, and the slightly strange phase she and Remus were in.

It's not that they were fighting, or even were officially upset with one another.

But, Claudia could tell that Remus had some sort of inner anger or something along the lines of that towards her because of the way she was so willing to put herself at risk for him.

Whenever the topic of her Animagus transformation came up, he went quiet as a deep frown appeared on his face. And it wasn't just Claudia who noticed this, the rest of the boys did too.

And, of course, they were all aware of just how against it the boy was considering the endless of conversations that Claudia and Remus had had about it, and the slightly angry outburst Remus had had at his friends after finding out that they were helping her.

So, in exchange for the inner anger Remus felt, he received inner anger back from Claudia, who honestly was sick of him being convinced that he would hurt her or do something even worse. And, she couldn't help but to feel angry at him for being angry at the same time.

Because when it came to the topic, Claudia was stone set on not letting him make the decisions for her.

And Remus was mostly okay with that. He just wished that he could change her mind and keep her out of everything that could cause her more harm than all the harm that the world already put her through.

"Wait up!" Ingannamorte yelled after Claudia, coming to a sprint in that very un-professor way as she sported another one of her infamous jumpsuits. This one was a beautiful coral colour, and Claudia found herself making a mental note to in the future ask the professor where she got all the jumpsuits from.

If that wasn't a weird thing to ask your professor, that was. Yet, Ingannamorte was slowly turning into Fayola for Claudia, there was no denying on that.