Hero

Harper

"Fuck." I heard him mumble. I laughed and changed into his clothes. I quickly dried my hair and left it down. I rinsed my face and finally exited the bathroom.

I almost shrieked when I realized that he was standing right by the door, waiting for me.

"Do you have any idea what that just did to me?" he questioned.

"No?"

"Fucking tease." he muttered.

"You should've seen your face." I snickered.

"Not my fault, you're so beautiful." he placed his hands on my waist. I suddenly remembered the bruises and blood on his knuckles and pulled away from him.

"I need to clean that." I said basically to myself, dragging him to the bathroom. "Sit there." I pointed to the counter, he did as I said and I rummaged through the cupboards, looking for rubbing alcohol, a cloth and bandages.

"You need to be more careful, I don't like to see you hurt." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry."

I took those out and began washing the blood off of his hands then disinfected the cuts with rubbing alcohol. I wrapped the bandages around his hands and kissed them softly.

"There. Done." he kissed my head and stood up.

"Thank you sweet cheeks."

"Stop." he laughed and we exited the bathroom.

"I don't want us to ever fight again." he stated, I flopped down on the bed.

"Me either."

I didn't like fighting with him, I hated it even. It hurt me to see him in pain. I knew it hurt him to see me that way as well.

Then again, it showed we cared. I cared about his safety. What he was doing was dangerous and I couldn't bear to ever see him get hurt because of it.

It wouldn't end well for him, and he knew that yet he did it anyway.

I cared about him so much and that was equally dangerous. He had the advantage here and I willingly gave it to him.

"What's on your mind?" that question. He always asked that. He always knew when my mind was slipping away from reality.

"Why do you do dangerous things?" I asked.

"Don't know."

Sighing, I laid down and opened my arms for him to lay with me. He smiled and rested on top of me. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"You're grip is intense." he noted.

"You can't talk." Man's grip is like iron.

"I had to make sure your safe."

"By squeezing me to death." I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't act like you don't like it."

I did in fact like it. It made me feel very safe and protected. Being in his arms was so comfortable and warm, sometimes I never wanted to leave.

It was so right. So perfect.

"I'm not acting."

"Ouch."

I kissed his cheek, "Awe, did I hurt your feelings?"

"I don't have any." Hashtag emo.