Chapter Nine: The Wedding (Part I)

"Do you think you will invite Gavin and Danny to your wedding?" Maria asked Charlie while going through her jewelry. She was looking for her mother's studs – she will be wearing them for her wedding ceremony – which will be taking place in less than four hours.

It was finally the day of her wedding. She will be marrying Silas Harrison again today with more love than before and the promise of letting no one ever come between them. But there was something – perhaps the fear of everything she has built with Silas to collide. After promises are easily made, easily broken. She remembers she made a similar promise when she first married him – they didn't think anyone would ever come between them. They both believed that they had what was needed for a successful marriage, but what they didn't realize was that they were short of trust or maybe on love as well.

Maria was persistent to make her believe that this time she will be getting her happily ever after, but no matter how deep she shoves the uncertainty – she cannot get rid of it completely. There is always a part of her whispering what can go wrong. Each night before sleep consumes her, she thinks about them. She worries about them, while on the surface she seems certain.

Where she has many doubts in her mind – her heart doesn't give up on the idea of Silas in her life. After what happened the first time, many would have kept themselves away from Silas but her – she couldn't bring herself to do even when she tried. She tried so hard, but no matter what her heart always craved for Silas – her first love. There is no doubt in her mind that he doesn't love her. Silas was crazy about Maria, it's herself that she is worried about. She is not the same Maria he met years ago. This Maria was broken – physically and emotionally.

Maria snapped out of her thoughts at Charlie's voice, who was sitting on the edge of Maria's bed – wearing a bathrobe – she will be getting dressed once she helps Maria with her makeup and hair. Charlie smiled, "Of course, I will. I miss them. It is a bummer they had to move," Charlie twisted her lips.

Maria chuckled, "I hope they do come because I want to meet them." Maria replied. "But are you sure Marcus will be comfortable with Gavin being around?" Maria laughed at the thought of Marcus hiding away from Gavin. Maria had never met Gavin and Danny, but she has seen them in pictures. Both of the men were incredibly handsome and made a beautiful couple.

Maria has been told that Gavin never missed a chance to flirt with Marcus. Charlie told her that it started as a joke, but when Gavin saw how uncomfortable he could make Marcus – he couldn't stop. According to Charlie, Gavin is just that evil. Danny or Daniel, on the other hand, is very different from Gavin. He is a lawyer, who is a more responsible one – where Gavin is a troublemaker.

It is funny how everyone believed that Danny was just Gavin's best friend – neither of them acted like a couple. Charlie told Maria that it wasn't because they were hiding in the closet but because that's how they are. She was told that when she met them, she would also believe that they were not romantically involved but just a couple of best friends. Charlie believed that Daniel, being Gavin's long-term boyfriend, would at least be jealous of his flirting with Marcus – even as a joke, but turns out Danny is not insecure about it.

He once told Charlie, "He is a flirt. He flirts with everyone – male or female. He finds fun in it, but in the end, I know that he only loves me. I trust him." And that is true. Gavin only loves Danny and Danny only loves Gavin. The two for them were made for each other.

Charlie chuckled, "I don't know, but I will still invite them. It is fun to see Marcus get all nervous and annoyed around Gavin." She replied jokingly. Maria laughed and nodded her head, she has heard a lot of stories about Marcus and Gavin – it would be fun to witness them as well.