Chapter 3 - In on the Masterplan

Pls vote and comment as it gives me motivation to write more!

 I went home shortly after my meeting with Sakayanagi-san. I'm glad the meeting was successful and it was now nearly official, I, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, was now a part of class A. While some part of me wishes that I could've made it to class A with my original class, I knew it would never be a reality. I wish Horikita could have developed some more but she will never be on the same level as her brother, she proved it to me when she chose not to expel Kushida which forced me to act and expel Airi. I did put up a cruel front at the time but I rather have had Airi not expelled, in that regard, Kushida was much more suited to receive the boot from this school.

I laid down on my bed, thinking about tomorrow as tomorrow was the day I'd announce my plan to Kei. We hadn't texted tonight nor talked through the phone but I'd told her to prepare for tomorrow and that it'd be a huge announcement.

I woke up the following morning, wanting to meet with Kei as soon as possible.

"I'll be at your front door in 10 minutes, keep the door unlocked Kei."

"Sounds good👍" Replied Kei in text.

I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes. I never really spend much time behind my hair but I do regularly maintain it, I styled it to my usual middle part and headed out. On my way there, I ran into Ichinose who was at the lobby, seemingly waiting for someone so I called out to her. We hadn't had much contact since she found out about my relationship with Kei, and I can understand that but I'd like to continue keeping a friendly relationship with her.

"Are you waiting for anyone?"

"O-Oh- Ayanokoji-kun... I wasn't expecting you to be outside at such an early time. But yeah, I was waiting for someone."

	"I'll leave you to it then, see you around Ichinose"

"W-wait, I want to say something first"

"Yeah?"

"I don't want our relationship to be damaged because of my selfish actions during the island exam, please Ayanokoji-kun, I would like our relationship to go back to normal. We haven't been in contact for awhile but I-I don't want that.."

"Ichinose, I think you're the one overcomplicating it, I never once intended on our friendship getting affected from our previous altercation..."

"Oh... Well in that case, I-I'm really sorry for the trouble I've caused. Please forget what I said before to you during the exam. See you around Ayanokoji-kun"

"Will do, see you later."

The conversation barely lasted 3 minutes.

I walked away, looked back and noticed Ichinose was starting to walk away as well. Was the person she intended to meet with me? How would she know that I would be out at a time like this? There was only one answer...