156. the library

CLAUDIA'S FINAL CLASS at Hogwarts ever was Defence Against the Dark Arts

CLAUDIA'S FINAL CLASS at Hogwarts ever was Defence Against the Dark Arts. After all the N.E.W.T.s they did basically nothing, but it still counted as her last ever class.

So, Claudia was basically officially done with her education at Hogwarts. In just two days time, it all would be a memory. And, every bit of her was aching.

Oh, if she could only stay a little while longer.

The girl walked through the corridors all by herself, smiling at both McGonagall and Flitwick as she passed them separately, and then she arrived at her - weirdly enough - empty dorm, only to open up her bedside drawer and angrily stare at the pile of at least five threatening yet flirtatious letters from Evan.

She sighed to herself as she picked them up and decided to tear them one by one.

So, that's exactly what she did.

She tore the letter in which Evan told her that she couldn't threaten him back. She tore the letter in which he had told her that if she tells anyone about their "agreement", she and Remus would be in "trouble". She tore the letter in which he had told her that if she used any loopholes to get out of their agreement, he wouldn't hesitate with writing a very important to her father.

And, the letter in which he reminded her yet again that she had to leave Remus on the very first of August or earlier, she tore that one as much as she could.

Claudia was exhausted. She had thought about everything. Threatening with her life, Evan's life, running away, marrying someone else, telling Remus, and so much more.

And nothing worked.

Evan wouldn't have it any other way. She was going to leave Remus, never see him again and marry him. If she did it any other way, he and her father and all their sweet, sweet friends would hurt everyone she loved.

And, honestly, Claudia was beginning to accept her fate. It was strange, because it hurt so much, but it also seemed like maybe things would be for the better if she would leave her current world behind and take that poisonous and toxic luck she always had around her with.

Now, Claudia was falling into a dark, dark hole. It wasn't reallly like all the other millions of dark places she had been before, because now she didn't even know who she was anymore.

Every day, she was closer to losing Remus. And, for some reason, it made her feel closer to losing herself.

Day by day, pieces disappeared.

Whilst watching herself in the mirror, Claudia only saw a liar. A horrible, horrible person who was putting on a mask whilst waiting to crush her loved ones into pieces.

She saw someone toxic. Someone poisonous. Someone vicious.

Yes, she saw someone evil.

And the more she thought so about herself, the more she felt that leaving Remus and the rest would be the best for everyone.