158. pink lilies & benches

EVAN HADN'T ANSWERED any of Claudia's multiple letters filled with her begging him to give her more time

EVAN HADN'T ANSWERED any of Claudia's multiple letters filled with her begging him to give her more time. It had been weeks since the first one was sent, and he was still ignoring her.

She hoped that he was dead. But, by the looks of it, he was not, considering the letter Nolan had sent the other day where he had just wanted to "check up on her" which basically meant that he wanted to put her through more misery by reminding her that she didn't have much time left until she had to leave everything she knew behind.

Claudia had to simply wish that Evan by a miracle would respond and give her some more time so that she wouldn't ruin the day after James and Lily's wedding for everyone.

But, she figured that if he didn't respond, she would stay a little longer. It was, after all, his own fault for not responding to her.

Anyway, Claudia and Remus had spent the past two weeks living at Lupin cottage with Hope and Lyall. During the days, they would read, swim, lay on the beach and go for walks. That was if they weren't at Potter manor helping with the wedding preparations, of course.

Because, it was after all only a few days left until James and Lily would get married.

On this specific sunny day a few days before the wedding, Claudia and Remus were at Potter manor. Yet, they weren't really up to much considering how they were laying on the couch alongside Sirius and Peter - all of them tired, overheated and slightly annoyed.

Yet, Claudia didn't seem very fazed by that considering how Remus had fallen asleep with his head on her lap. She couldn't help but to glance at him a little too often, because she felt that the more she watched his beautiful face, the more she would remember it.

Suddenly, however, she could tell that he was stirring awake from his short-lived nap, which caused her to smile like an idiot and poke him in the face a little so that she would be met by a smile from him.

Which she sure was.

"You're so cute when you're tired," she commented as he finally opened his eyes, receiving just an even bigger smile in response as loud sighing suddenly was heard from their right.

It was Hope, who had arrived to help even more with the wedding preparations.

"Why are you all just sitting here?" She asked the party with a scolding yet warm and happy face.

"It's too hot to function," said Sirius, who was supported in his statement by Peter, who was holding a bag of frozen peas on his head.

Hope smiled, "That's not an excuse. You're big boys and girls now. You can handle some heat. Now, go on and find a way to be helpful, yeah? I bet James and Lily are stressing out right about now."