Chapter 7: Taking action

The night was dark. Stars littered the sky while the moon shone brightly, yellow street lamps bringing light to the otherwise dark street.

The feeling of safety lingered in the air despite the nighttime breeze. This neighborhood, in particular, was safer than any other neighborhood in the area, probably for the simple fact that Endeavor, the number 2 hero, lived on this very street.

Izuku had left the Bakugo residence after Katsuki fell asleep. Thankfully it didn't take long since the kid went to bed at 8:30. The forest thing didn't know why he went to bed so early but didn't question it.

He had turned himself into a fly, despite the almost overwhelmingly uncomfortable feeling that came with having an exoskeleton, and made his way to the neighborhood where the Todoroki's lived.

It was a nice place in the more fancy part of the city where everything was more expensive and everyone was fairly wealthy.

Izuku flew around until he found the right house. A large, beautiful building with a big garden, surrounded by a tall wall, probably to keep prying eyes from looking in on the family.

He flew in through an open window that led to the kitchen and noticed a young woman with white, shoulder-length hair, a crimson colour scattered throughout her silver locks, she was washing dishes, no doubt from the dinner her family had just eaten. Izuku assumed she was Shouto's sister since she was far too young to be his mother. Was she being mistreated as well?

Hearing the TV from the other room, Izuku left the kitchen in search of his newly adopted child.

When he reached the room where the TV was playing, he saw a boy that definitely wasn't Shouto. He had messy silver hair, much like the girl he had seen in the kitchen, grey eyes, and looked a few years older than Shouto. A crooked grin spread across his face as he watched some show Izuku didn't recognize.

But he's not the boy Izuku is looking for, so he moves on to the nest room.

Over the next 10 minutes, he managed to search the whole house. Endeavor wasn't home, probably out being a hero somewhere. But he hadn't found the one person he came to check on. He wasn't in the dining room, he wasn't in the training room, and he wasn't in any of the bedrooms. So where is he?

Izuku went back to the kitchen, passing the girl as he flew back through the open window. He circled the house, searching the garden for any sign of Shouto Todoroki.

And soon enough, as he came around the backside of the house, there was the heterochromatic boy. Leaning against a tree with what looked like a memorial next to it. A clean, white stone that stuck out of the ground, writing across the front of it.

As Izuku got closer he noticed Shouto was talking. Who is he talking to? Nobody else is around.

Izuku got closer and closer, listening to what the kid was saying, he's talking about his day. Izuku looked around, trying to figure out who he was talking to. Then his eyes landed on the memorial that sat next to Shouto.

"Touya Todoroki" written in big letters on the pristine stone.

Shouto isn't talking to someone here in the yard, He's talking to someone dead. Someone who probably meant a lot to the boy when they were alive, most likely a sibling.

Izuku felt his heart break as he listened to him talk. Talk to thin air because the person he was trying to talk to wasn't there.

"Fuyumi cooked tonight," He spoke quietly. "She's always been good at cooking..." He trailed off, seemingly in thought.