5.

Atlanta, Georgia
555 - sɪɢɴɪғɪᴇs ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ɪs ɪᴍᴍɪnent.
___________________________

Lakinna and Mai were next in the Starbucks line. It was Sunday and they had classes this upcoming week. The two girls wanted to get an early start on studying and assignments so they decided to have a study date and work session at the on-campus Starbucks.

"I'll just get an iced vanilla latte with oat milk please." Mai smiled at the Starbucks barista taking her order.

"And I'll get a regular iced latte with soy milk." LaKinna added before reaching in her purse and pulling out her debit card to pay for both of them.

The Starbucks barista asked for her name and she gave it to her. Afterwards, the two went to sit down at an empty booth to wait for their order and start their work.

"So how was last night?" Lakinna quickly started their Love and Hip Hop conversation.

"That shit felt too good." Mai chuckled as she pulled out her rose gold Macbook Air from her pink MCM tote bag, "We was fuckin' for the longest."

"Yall used protection?" Lakinna raised an eyebrow as she grabbed her silver Macbook Pro from her black North Face backpack.

"Um, the first time..." Mai trailed off as she sat the laptop on the table. Opening it, she quickly typed the passcode that unlocked it.

"Bitch." Lakinna straight-faced her friend.

"LaKenya!" The barista called out their order. Mai chuckled at the name pronunciation as she stood up to get both of their drinks. She grabbed both along with two straws and headed back to the booth handing Lakinna her drink and straw.

"They keep playing with my name, Ima get my moms up in here." She rolled her eyes as she opened her straw and popped it into her drink, "Anyways, why ain't you using protection?"

"Sorry mom." Mai chuckled as she did the same with her straw and sipped her drink. It felt good to taste caffeine because she knew she was going to need energy to finish up some assignments for her nursing courses.

"That's what your soon to be daughter gonna be saying if you don't tighten up." Lakinna laughed causing Mai to instantly give her a death stare. Mai has seen her mother struggle with baby-daddy drama being that her mother had three, so she didn't plan to have kids soon at all.

"Don't wish that on me!" Mai picked up the paper from her straw and threw it at her, "Plus, I'm on birth control."

"Girl you know birth control don't always work." Lakinna let out a small laugh, "How do y'all even start?" She could never imagine her friend having sex so she was curious.

"He does." Mai shrugged thinking back to last night and the first night they met, "He'll come in and start kissing all over me like he deprived and I just go with it." Mai honestly didn't know why Meech was like that with her. She wanted to know if he was like that with other girls and if so, she needed to get tested. Mai didn't want to worry about other hoes though. They weren't together and they were both allowed to do whatever they want.

"Awe, he's like fake obsessed over you." Lakinna chuckled while logging into her laptop, "I actually like this little relationship y'all got going on. It's good for you especially since you like sneaky links and shit."