chapter 54: join

"then hazel you go with her" her eyes widen "i'm sorry" dad looks back down at his paper "if you guys have to be together today i don't mind but i can't move this arrangement that's how you get shot" i nod looking at hazel.

"Do you think I can do it" she leans into the couch. "yes you're a smart girl hazel, plus your a part of this family may as well get you involved" dad opens the first drawer "some of my men will be going with you two" I nod turning to hazel.

"Guess I'm going to talk to a mafia boss" she takes my hand and stands up "okay let's go get ready" we both run out of dad's office and all the way to my room.

I shut my door and we walk to my closet. "what do i wear,do i have to be professional with a suit? or a dress?" I laugh a bit, "you just have to look nice," i shrug my shoulders.

"Do we both want to wear a suit?" I turn to her "we could." I look around my closet and my eyes land on a dress I've been waiting to wear. "i forgot about this" i walk pulling it out from the rack.

The v cut in the middle stops a few inches above my belly button,it's form fitting but also lose at the same time. the long sleeves and slit on the leg make the dress both sexy and classy.

"if you don't wear that i'll kill you" i turn laughing a bit "i have plenty of suits" hazel shrugs "i'll wear my other black one that i didn't wear to the ball no bra under?" I shake my head quickly "yes oh my god we're gonna look so hot" I lean back.

"okay let me go get ready i will be back"

I take my time getting ready and adding the last piece of jewelry on my neck. walking to the mirror i look at myself damn i'm hot i smile. let me go check on luciano before we leave.

I step out of my closet and put my shoes down before waking out of my room and down the hall towards Luciano's room.

I knock on his door and open it. peeking my head in he sits on the couch zoned out into the wall "luciano?" he turns his head to me i smile "i'm going to a meeting with hazel and i'm probably going to be out so i wanna make sure your okay" he nods

"I'm fine" he turns his head to me "Luciano you're not fine" I walk over and stand in front of him "I wanna talk some more when we get home,I wanna help" he rubs his temples.

"that's all you wanna do" he leans his head back and stands up "excuse me?" i tilt my head "your asking all these fucking questions and 'being here for me' it feels like i'm in rehab" i raise my brows "so? your struggling right now i'm not just going to leave you on your own"

"Oh my god! please! that's all i want you to do! leave me alone" i stare at him "no. you refuse to help yourself so that's why i'm here" i fold my arms

"just because you have mommy issues doesn't mean you need to help everyone!" my eyes widen and i freeze.

"i'm trying to be a good girlfriend aaron but then you do this?!" he laughs at me "all you do is try,try try and try. you know just because you have mommy issues doesn't mean you have to act like this! he screams in my face and i shove him back.

"get out of my face, asshole!" I walk past him and Aaron shoves me back so I stumble into the wall.

I'm silent. There is a cold pit in my stomach as my heart sinks. my chest feels heavy and anger starts to run in my body and bounce in my veins.

"oh fuck you" i grip my fists but let them go. anger fills my body more and more as the silence fills the room  "you know, your mother would be so disappointed in you." i step back he completely stops "have fun with your relapse stronzo" (asshole) i open the door and slam it shut.