Chapter 27

"This is a bad idea." Dmitri sang out loud as they were going back to the house with an uninvited guest with them. The said guest was just looking out of the window with his arms crossed, ignoring Dmitri's pleas and warnings about Isabella's family.

Dmitri hates himself for meeting people who's a tough nut to crack. He's surrounded by them and now he's met one once again and it's a boy. A boy who calls himself Isabella's friend. A boy who will definitely have a grave very soon if they do not turn back and drive away from doom. 

"Letting you drive is a bad idea." Nicolai mumbled, looking out of the window with a grumble. 

Isabella just smiled sweetly, not even worried about what will happen. She knows that she won't be killed. She knows that Dmitri will carry out the mission and will be killed in doing so. He's the one who's going to defend her friend and Isabella would do nothing but make sure that her friend stays alive.

She's royalty, and therefore, people like Dmitri should die for what they want.

And Isabella likes Nicolai as her friend.

So, in conclusion to Dmitri's thoughts, the final result of this situation is that Dmitri's the one who's going to have a grave, not Nicolai.

He glared at the boy from the rearview mirror. "Why are you being rude to me when we literally just met minutes ago?" He then looks at Isabella and whined. "Miss Gem, why are we kidnapping this boy?"

"Eyes on the road!" Nicolai said in horror, scolding the old man for his lack of safety.

That's when Dmitri realized the cold truth.

They really are kidnapping the boy.

"Are we kidnapping him?" Dmitri panicked, immediately losing his hands on the steering wheel to clutch his head in horror.

"Are you crazy?" Nicolai shouted, holding Isabella's hand in fear as they swerved a little.

"No!" Isabella said in exasperation. "We're borrowing him!"

Dmitri immediately placed his hands on the wheel again after a few cars honked at him at the sudden small chaos on the road that's caused by them.

"Borrowing?" Dmitri hissed, wanting to hit his head on the steering wheel at the crazy word that the little girl had just used.

Borrowing and kidnapping is the same thing!

Why was was he surrounded by crazy people?

What's more surprising is that he's surprised by this whole thing when he's the one who's been exposed to this craziness for far too long.

Maybe it's because he didn't expect Isabella to be crazy too.

"Miss Gem?"

"Hmm?" Isabella hums, not really worried about the whole thing.

"I love you—"

"That's a lie." Nicolai said, shaking his head. "There's a 'but' in there."

"What's wrong with butt?" Isabella tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Where's the butt?"

"It's not butt, it's but! But! B-U-T. But butt's and buts are not important. Listen to me, Izzy." He said, holding the little girl's shoulders, shaking it a little. "When there's a man saying 'I love you' but you know that there's a big but there, they're lying about the 'I love you' part."

Isabella was confused by his words. Of course she'd be confused. Those were big words with big meanings and Isabella is... Puny.

"Hey, you're a little too young to being saying those words." Dmitri was worried for the boy. Even he didn't say anything like that when he was but a wee boy.