Honor

As the ship set sail Zuko examined the Avatar on the main deck. "This staff will make an excellent gift for my father. I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers being raised by monks," Zuko said punctuating the sentence by letting the glider hit the ground with a thud. I rolled my eyes at his lack of knowledge of the object in his hand. "Take the Avatar to the prison hold, and take this to my quarters," he commanded some guards and his uncle.

He then turned to me and smiled gently unlike I'd seen him do in years. He linked his arm in mine and guided me inside the ship. "Honna, it looks like our destiny will go as planned after all," he said brushing a strand of hair behind my burned ear. I slightly pulled away from him "Zuko, why did you attack the village?" I ask him biting back what I could of my temper. His brow furrowed in confusion "what do you mean? I had to they were harboring the Avatar!" he shouted at me angry that I even asked.

"So, you felt it necessary to attack and threaten a small village of unarmed women and children?" I ask letting the venom drip off my words, Zuko scoffs at my remark and begins to storm off from me. I glare at him first he acts a coward out there and now here, I won't stand for it. "You have no honor!" I shout at his causing him to whip around to look at me "And you are a slave to it!" he says taking me back.

"You hate me! You hate this ship, you hate everything that's been happening your whole damn life! But what, what do you do Honna? You stay for honor, so how about you choose a side. Because I'm tired of this!" He shouts at me I stare at the prince in disbelief not expecting him to speak to me like this.

"What do you mean choose?" I ask him falling into my despair a little finding myself clutching my arms to guard against the feeling. "What choice do I have? You're right I do hate you because you're just as much a fake as I am! We don't get to choose, we follow and we obey. Since I was born I always had someone to tell me how to act, or fight, or dress. I don't want to despise you Zuko. In fact, I want to love you, but you make it so hard! Just do the right thing for once!" I plead with him willing him to understand what I am saying, but I barely see a crack in his shell.

"I am doing the right thing, I'm serving our nation and getting us back to our destiny," he says before leaving me in the cold hallway.