THE SCARRED BASTARD (PART II)

HERE WE GO WITH PART 2.
OBVIOUSLY GO BACK TO PART 1 IF YOU DIDNT.

___________

-AFTER LESSONS-

"He's so plain looking." Beth Cassel points out.

"He looks better the further away you are." Jeyne mocks.

This has the two girls giggling but Sansa remains quiet, holding Lady against her chest while caressing her soft fur.

She, and her friends Jeyne Poole and Beth Cassel are watching Y/N Snow surrounded by training dummies, sword in hand as he goes through a vigorous routine with Master-at-arms, Rodrik Cassel shouting instructions.

Sansa can't keep the smile glued on her face as she observes her friend swinging his sword. It almost looks elegant to her. She never was too fond of sword fighting, but it was different when it came to Y/N. He looked so...comfortable.

Looking down onto the yard, she spots she isn't the only one watching. She notices her little sister Arya with their half-brother Jon, who is standing over by Ser Rodrik, watching the Harclay bastard bashing his sparing sword against one dummy before rolling on the ground and stabbing another in the midsection, sweat covering his face and arms.

"Again!" Ser Rodrick yells out. "Left, back, front!"

Y/N grits his teeth as he hears his mothers voice berate him in his head, but he pushes it away as he stabs a dummy to his left, spins and slashes another behind him, before ducking and intending to hack the one in front of him in the neck, but he ends up tripping over a rock sticking out of the ground, landing face first clumsily, his sword clattering next to him.

"Look at that disgusting scar." Jeyne scrunches her nose in disgust as Rodrik steps up to the grounded Y/N. "Who'd want to kiss a face with that?"

Sansa's face involuntarily twitches at anyone pointing out her friends injury. She knows he is sensitive to the topic, including those hidden on his back and shoulders. Sensing her new owner's emotions, Lady nips at her finger to get her undivided attention.

"You didn't listen to me, Snow." Rodrik says as he folds his arms, looking down at the young bastard. "You have to be aware of everything. Something as small as a misstep can cause your demise. Watch your footwork."

Y/N gets to his feet on his own with a apologetic face. "I know, Ser. I'm sorry."

"Do not be sorry, just be better." The master at arms commands. "You don't want to disappoint Lord Stark, do you?"

Y/N widens his eyes at the prospect of doing such a thing, his eyes gaining a rare look of fiery determination. "No, no I do not."

Knowing exactly what he was doing with Y/N, Rodrik smiles. "Good, now let's go again so we can get ready for the hunt."

"I heard he cut himself trying to imitate a knight." Beth adds. "Wouldn't go past me if he has a fetish of cutting others like that."

Jeyne leans in to whisper. "You think he marks others like that that we don't know of yet?"

Having enough of the girls slandering her friend, Sansa turns to look at them. Her Northern blood running out in her veins.