two. this is me trying

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

STUPID BOY , exileprker 002

002. this is me trying.

           WHEN SPRING ROLLED AROUND, flowers blossoming and the coldness of a lover's touch dimmed, the world seemed to be at peace. The smell of cherry-blossoms and fresh air filling your lungs as the dark clouds faded into blue skies and sunshine was almost dream-like. It was the state of complete and utter contentment. Flower sprays of Armageddon.

It was far better than feeling the cold, harsh wind tug at your body like a stubborn child refusing to let go, hands numb and body trembling with every gust of wind that seeped under the heavy coat layering your goosebumps. All endured for the search of the missing half of a dead body.

Violetta Love clung to the pinch of warmth coating her body from the blush that rose to her face each time Scott McCall glanced her way and sent her one of his infamous lopsided smiles. It caused her heart to swell and the numbness of her finger tips to decrease, replacing themselves with the fluttering feeling of butterflies kissing her skin.

She tried to forget the fact that there could be a murderer watching her from within the shadows of the night, or the lack of thought that escaped Stiles Stilinski's lips as he attempted to guide them through the woods.

This was not one of his wisest ideas.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott McCall asked hastily as he exited the vehicle, followed by the curly haired girl who had been sitting behind him.

"Yeah, couldn't we have just stayed home and watched murder documentaries instead? This seems a little ... much, even for us, Stiles," Lettie shivered, holding her coat closer to her body. Scott noticed her trembling figure and opened the door once more to grab the beanie he had decided against using before tossing it to her—to which she smiled and lowered her head down in order to hide her reddening cheeks as she put the hat on.

The buzzcut boy on the other side of the jeep rolled his eyes as they moved to stand in front of the car, Stiles' flashlight shining ahead of them. "You're the ones always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," he replied, clapping Scott's back playfully before heading off into the preserve.

The shaggy haired boy sighed, shaking his head in disbelief at the fact that they were really doing this. "Hey—I'll make sure to push Stiles in front of us if a crazy axe murderer pops up," Lettie assured jokingly, causing the boy to smile before they began trailing behind their friend.

As they trudged through the forest, Scott began voicing his complaints, the two walking ahead of him occasionally rolling their eyes at his words.