Chapter 10 - ???? I DID NOT SIGN UP TO BABYSIT A HEARTBROKEN TEENAGER-

"I'm sorry, but I can't have a relationship with you." Arthur confirms.

You stand there at the door.

"Um, hate to break the vibe, but the professor said she needed the princess..." You trail off, stopping when you watched tears well up in the princess's eyes. "Oh, no, princess-"

You rush up to her. "Are you alright? Do you want me to tell the professor that you left early because you felt sick? H-here's a handkerchief."

You pull out the fabric, and you help wipe her tears.

"Y/n..." She cries into your chest. "Did I do something wrong?"

Arthur stares at the princess, and he excuses himself.

"Tell the professor the princess doesn't feel good." You mumble. "Love, it's fine. You didn't do anything wrong."

Helios, set up a barrier.

You stay there with the princess, listening to her vent about her feelings. You nod, and you wipe her tears.

"Argh! He's so annoying!" She cries. "He refuses to make a move, and I have to do it by myself! Why is he so annoying! He acts like he knows everything. And I know he's sophisticated, clever, and all that, but so am I!"

She slouches on the chair, and the tears on her cheek dry.

"I'm so sorry..."

"No worries!" You grin, wetting the handkerchief to wipe away the white left from her tears. "I'm glad that you got that out your system."

The girl sighs. "Ah, right! I'm sorry for ignoring you when I ran out of Arthur's room-"

"No, no, no worries!" You shake your hands. "It's fine, really. Is that where all of this started?"

"Yeah..." She mumbles. 

You smile. "No worries. We've all had our heart broken like that before."

"You did too?"

"Oh, yeah!" You laugh. "It was a middle school boy from the nobility too!"

You made that up on the spot.

I made that up on the spot.

You help the princess up, and you escort her out.

"Is there... some way I can make it up to you?" She scratches her cheek.

"No need!" You grin. "I'm honored I was of some help to the elven princess."

You bow with a wink.

Tessia flushes red. "No, I-"

You laugh. "That was a joke. Ah, I have something to do after this. See you around?"

"See you around!" The princess waves goodbye.

You walk off, and the princess can't help but feel as though you were familiar.

Your wrist shines, and you run.

Meeting time, meeting time~

Helios get into the female form of yours. Report what you learned later on. You'll attend their meetings instead of me from now on. Hide your mana too.

Got it.

You change your form, and you wander. Patrolling the area, you wander around kicking the debris. Your shard shines.

"Everything good?" You speak into the shard.

"All good!" The members respond. "Theo was knocked out."

"Theo??" You raise a brow. 

Helios appears next to you.

Long story.

I hope time passes quicker...