Chapter 7 ~ Comfort

Elias

I was wide awake waiting for myself to decide whether or not to go to sleep. After Fay came over and explained to me what had happened, I was furious with Dylan. I was definitely bringing this to my coaches attention and getting him kicked off the team.

I feel so bad for Fayette because she didn't know what was going to happen. She had walked into our lives at a very bad time. Abby was going to be heartbroken after hearing what happened and seeing the video.

I was thinking of a way to catch him in an act. I was thinking we can use Fay as "bait" to catch him cheating. If she was okay with it of course. I didn't want to push her into anything that made her uncomfortable.

She was so innocent and she didn't deserve what happened to her. I watched as she cried in my arms and every sob broke my heart over and over again.

Me and Fay were friends now and we had each other's backs. I feel better knowing she came to me when it happened. It shows me how much she has trust in me.

I toss and turn in my sleep. I look at my clock and see it's about 4:00 am and I'm not sleepy at all. It was Saturday so I had all day practice today which I was not ready for. I had been checking up on Fay for the past couple hours and she had seemed to be in a peaceful sleep.

I'm glad she is asleep and not wide awake like I am.

I went to check on her for the tenth time. I get myself water in the process and walk over to the couch. I see the blanket has fallen over a little so I put it back on her and she stirs but doesn't wake up.

I watch her face as her eyebrows are scrunched up. I take my thumb and smooth out the wrinkles and she instantly relaxes a little more.

I hope she's not having a bad dream. I don't feel like going back to my room so I sit on the floor in front of the couch and sit with my legs crossed. I place my hands and fold them on the edge of the couch and put my head down.

I feel a little better knowing I'm now right here with her and she's safe. I don't know how many times I have thought of punching Dylan. I want him to suffer for hurting her. She showed me he left a mark on her neck and that got me even more angry.

I did calm myself though for her because I didn't need her freaking out anymore than she already was.

I close my eyes and try to drift off into a sleep. I can feel Fay turning and getting comfortable. I feel her hands on my head as she rubs my head. I instantly fell into a deep sleep.

☁️

I woke up and Fay was no longer on the couch. Instead I was still in the same position but her blanket was now on my back hugging me. I rub my eyes to get a better view and shake off the tiredness.

I walk towards my kitchen to get water and see a post.

"Hey, Thanks for letting me crash last night, I felt better knowing that I was no longer in Dylan's presence. Have a good time at practice I will see you Monday" -Fay aka your little fairy<3

I chuckle and shake my head at the note and put it back down. I text her then...

"Hey hope you got home safely, let me know if anything happens, you can always crash at my place."

I got a response 2 minutes later.

"I will let you know if anything happens:)"

I smile and hear the door open. I see Cole coming into the house ready for practice. "Hey man, how was your night?" He asks and I sigh and tell him everything. He looks at me in shock while I just nod my head. I know he won't tell anyone and I trust him with everything. Plus Cole can help be a part of catching Dylan.