Chapter 25

Song: Lilith- Halsey

AZ

"Come on... let's go" Shura says, urging me to stand up and walk out of the door just before she does.
We go downstairs to meet a young man with a perfectly ironed suit and a pair of lenses with square frames. He isn't the same guy who followed Gramps throughout all his divorced procedures, but that is the last of my problems now.

For some reason I am super nervous and anxious about the content of Gramps's will. I wonder what is in it, what did he say? What did he leave behind for me? Did he even leave anything at all? What if this will reveals some truths that are unwelcomed?

"Good afternoon Mrs Ntonifor, Miss Ntonifor." He greets and shakes both our hands "I am Mforsah Nathanael, Mr. Ntonifor's lawyer and I am here to read his will."

"OK but what took you so long?" I ask

"I told him to hold on Az. I wasn't ready to hear the contents of the will just yet. Sorry I didn't ask your opinion. Do you think you will want to listen to what is on it?" Shura asks softly with her hand on my shoulder.

"I don't mind" I shrug and the man nods just before we all sit down.

He opens his briefcase and pulls out a big brown envelope before pulling out a white sheet and clearing his throat.

"The will of Ntonifor Donald Tafu...
I, Ntonifor Donald Tafu, son of NgwaNeba Ntonifor , aged 68, resident of Foncha Street Bamenda do hereby revoke all my former wills..." At this point I cannot hear the words coming out of his pale brown lips. I just keep wondering and wondering about the contents of the paper in his hand. Gramps obviously left his baby the bigger percent of his wealth. It is his child and I am just his grandchild.
He definitely left Shura a bigger portion than he did me... if he did leave me anything at all.

Would he do that to me? Would he leave me with nothing? Not that I deserve anything even... I do not deserve a dime after everything I put him through. But then again...

"To my sweet and loving wife, Shura Israella Ntonifor... I leave my houses in Foncha street and Bafut. I also leave her 25% of my wealth in the bank and 15% of the worth of my shares in FPNS Angola as well as my rest house in Benin." He reads and Shura nods with her eyes closed and wipes her tears before smiling.

"To my unborn child, I leave 32% of my wealth in the bank, 35% of my shares in FPNS Angola, my property in Nigeria as well as my collection of watches which will be enough to give him or her an excellent education in whatever school chosen."

Wow...

"To my adopted children in the orphanage, I leave 8% of my wealth in the bank, 20% of my shares in FPNS Angola, all of my shares in the SYHD Cameroon and the land on which the orphanage was built as well as every property on it. My wife Shura will be in charge of supervising it and signing whatever documents required."

"Your grandfather was just such an angel" Shura whispers to me and wipes her eyes as I smile.

"To my beloved granddaughter Azinwi Ntonifor..." Sweet Mercy "I leave 35% of my wealth in the bank"

What?

"30% of my shares in FNPS Angola, the beach house she loved so much at the Sidi Bou Saïd where she and I spent Christmas 2018 along with my apartment in Paris, four metres from the Champ de Mars where she can get a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower especially when it is lit at night."

Gramps...

"His wealth in the bank amounted to two million, six hundred and ninety four thousand dollars and his shares at FNPS amount to nine hundred and four thousand, six hundred and four dollars." The guy concludes and I feel tears run down my face.