Chapter 32

Instantly, my mind went blank. I don't normally react very well to dangerous situations (obviously...) and I don't normally think about what I'd do if I found myself having a staring contest with a gun (the gun was winning) that was being pointed at my head by some deranged clown with a big red nose that slightly resembled a terrifying version of Lou Jacobs, y'know.

        That added to the fact that I found out Romeo Barsille ordered the murder of my parents was not a good combination. I didn't know what I hated more, their costumes or how some of the biggest criminals in the world looked like they were about to cry. I mean, Nick and Micheal were the most dangerous men that I knew and look at the little snafu we were in.

        I reached out and squeezed the red nose of the clown that held the gun to my head.

        Let me repeat that: The clown who had a gun pointed at my head. And out of all the things I could have done (kicking the colourful balls between his legs, grabbing the gun, running away...all the other things that might save my sorry butt) a part of my brain decided it was perfectly okay to squeeze the clown's nose.

        Damn you, brain.

        The clown whose nose I squeezed gave me a dirty look. "What the fuck?" He exclaimed in a deep, baritone voice. The accent was slightly Italian.

        I cringed, absolutely hating myself. Oh yeah, just squeeze the nose. That'll get you killed sooner, November. Micheal gave me a wild look of disbelief. Man, I just couldn't seem to figure out what was okay to do and what was not in these types of situation.

        You know, the situation where eight scary clowns with guns had my friends and me captured and ready for execution. It took me a moment to figure out that the clowns probably worked for Romeo Barsille and the fairgrounds were abandoned because they ushered everyone out so there would be no witnesses.

        A clown stepped forward. He had a rainbow-coloured wig and comical eyebrows that were drawn downwards to gave a terrifying effect. A black assault rifle rested on his shoulder. He looked me up and down, making me cringe with disgust. Where the hell was Cage Vickers when you needed him most?

        "Get her with the others." He spoke quietly, using a voice changer that resounded loudly throughout the cold air. Micheal and Nick, watching me from their seated position, both gave me a warning glance to do as I was told. If they weren't going to resist, then I sure as hell was. I was never one to follow authority, anyways.

        A hand grabbed my wrist and twisted it painfully to my back. I panicked and tried to fumble out of the grip, only stopping when the cool circular end of the barrel pressed into my neck. "Excuse me." I gasped as the clown began to drag me over to Micheal and Nick. "I need to pee. Can you take me to the bathroom- ouch! That was unnecessary!" I yelled when one of the clowns shoved me down to my knees. 

        I tried to stand back up, picking up a struggle that made Micheal panic. "November, what are you doing?" He hissed angrily. "Just do what they say, stop fighting back-"

        "She's one feisty bitch!" A clown with purple hair roared. He had dirty yellow teeth that I couldn't tell was fake or not and waved his gun around in a threatening manner. Nick winced when it accidentally connected with the side of his head. He was already bleeding from the nose and it dripped down to his jacket. Didn't Micheal and Nick have guns?

        Rainbow Clown came over and grabbed my chin roughly with his gloved hand. "Ahh...you're November Jones." His breath smelled like cigarettes. He leaned down closer and I struggled to move away, only to be shoved back by one of his friends. "Cage's little bitch."