10

Gulf's POV

It's been a few months since we got married. We have been married for 4 months. These days nothing has changed. Mew has gotten even colder, sometimes he spends his night with his girlfriend or with his friends.
Noah always informs me where Mew is and what he's doing.

After all these months I feel like this marriage is hopeless. I'm feeling tired already.

These months he treated me as nothing.. It hurts a lot. And everytime I saw him at the university he didn't even spare a glance at me like I never existed in his eyes.

Everyday I witnessed how he flirted with his girlfriend and sometimes I wish that I was that girl. I want to be treated like his girlfriend. And Yes I've fallen for him... I've fallen deeply for him... I still cook for him even though he doesn't touch it. I still write to him every night but it's just abandoned on the refrigerator door.

Everytime I come back home I just go straight to my room, cry for sometime and then wash up again.

Me and my friends became closer but still I haven't told them about my marriage. Noah also became closer to us. Sometimes he spends his lunch with me and yes I kept my promise to him. I helped him with Mild and also brought him a lunch box thrice a week.

Today... I have classes today so I am on my way to the University. I had the same routine... woke up, got freshened up, cooked for us....

I was walking down the hallway when I heard that there is a new transfery from the US also. The girls started fangirling again. I just shrugged and walked to my classroom.

"Hey Gulf!!!!" Mild called out.
"What's up!!!?"
"Didn't you hear that there's a new transfery again?!?!?" Eye asked.
I nodded. "Yeah the main topic of the University" I said and looked at them.
"Yahh he is in the same section as ours. And also heard that the transfery is from your old University too, that's why everyone is talking about it" Boat said.

"My old University??? Why??" I asked them and they just hit me.

"Ouchhh why!!?!?!? What is the big deal?!?!?"
"Silly!!!! Of course it is a big deal!!! You're from that University and they are expecting another good looking person that will transfer here!!?" Eye said.
"And this one!!!! He will be joining our section!!!" She squirmed.

From my old University???? Who would that be?? They said he'll be joining us after lunch break. I just shrugged and focused in the class.

.
.

It's lunch break and we entered the cafeteria. I was walking to the counter when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry" I bowed to him.
I don't know but he was just staring at me. I looked at him also. Somehow his face looks familiar. I think I've seen him somewhere. I was about to walk away when he held my hands.

"Wait!!!" He said. He look at me again
"Babes???" He said.

'Babes'!? wait!!!... There is only one person who used to call me babes.!!
This can't be.!!!!!
I looked at him.
I looked at his neck... My eyes widened.
He was smiling at me.

"Jay!!!! It's you!!" I shouted and everyone looked at us. But I don't care...

"It's really you?!?!!!" I asked and he nodded as he smiled.
I'm still in shock. It's been a long time since I saw his smile. It has been a long time since I have contacted or messaged them.. Especially him.

I feel my tears running down again. "Ohhh babes, why are you crying!?!?" He said and wiped my tears.
I couldn't stop myself and I hugged him. I missed him so much..
That smile.. it didn't change.. it's still him..

"You're the transfery they are talking about??" I asked him while holding his hands.
"Uhummm" he said.
"Why didn't you contact me???" I pouted. He pinched my cheeks.
"Silly I want to surprise you." He said.

I pulled him to our table so that I can introduce him to my friends.

"Guys!! Meet my best friend!! Jay Park" I said to them and their mouths gape.

"Jay, meet my best friends. The one there is Mild and this is Eye and this one's Boat." I introduced them to Jay.

"Hi guys, nice to meet you and I'm Gulf's boyfriend/ best friend" he said as he laughed. I just shook my head and smiled.

Jay Park is Korean but his family is settled in America.

We were done with our lunch so we headed back to our class. Jay was holding my hands while we were walking in the hallway as he is also going to our class. Everyone was looking at us and started murmuring something again but I didn't mind.

Mew's POV

It's been four months since I got married. I got colder and colder to Gulf. I hated him. I really hate him to the core. Every time I see his smile my blood boils!

It's our lunch time now so we went to the cafeteria as usual, all the girls were screaming again but I didn't mind. I sat at our table with my gang. Kaownah and Thorn volunteered to go to the counter.

The whole cafeteria was peaceful when someone shouted.

"Jay!!! It's you!!"
I looked at the owner of the sudden noise and then I saw two men hugging each other.
They looked so intimate.
I slowly clench my fist as I see who it is.

"Bro! you're gonna kill them with your eyes!" Noah whispered into my ears.
I looked at him and he just giggled.

"My dear cousin, start cherishing someone who still appreciates you, start giving importance to the person who stays beside you. Don't wait till the time comes when they need to leave. Only you know that you love them. Don't give away the person that others want to have." Noah said and left.

His words kept playing on my mind. I looked to Gulf again but they were gone. I didn't see them in the cafeteria after that. I think they went to their class already.

After my classes I went to the bar as we usually do but today I'm alone. I drank until I got tipsy and stayed for a bit in the bar. There were so many girls who invited me but I declined. I'm just here to cool down before I go home.

It's already 9 in the evening and I decided to go home. I think Gulf has already slept as I couldn't see any lights. I slowly walked to the door as my vision wasn't clear. I went to the kitchen and looked for the new note but there was nothing. There was no note which Gulf usually wrote.

I just shrugged and walked to my room. But on my way to my room I glanced at his room. I don't know but there is someone pulling me to enter his room.

'Should I knock??? What if he is sleeping now??' I asked in my thoughts but then I decided to enter silently.

His room was very dark. I switched on his lights and took a look. But I didn't see him there.......

Where is he???? Didn't he come home?? Then where did he go!!?

I remembered that guy again and a different scene flashed in my mind.

And slowly I feel a pang in my chest thinking that he is with that man. I felt anger. I'm his husband for god sake.......

It's already 12 and he is still not here. I was about to get up from the sofa when I heard an engine.
I waited for him. I saw him smiling as he opened the door.

"Where have you been!?"

To be continued...

(1312 words)

Hey guys.. I'm really sorry for not updating regularly these days.. I got a bit busy in my life! 🙏 I'll try my level best to update regularly.. ❤️ Hope you liked this update!