21

3rd Person's POV

The four of them were sitting in the garden without much conversations, only Gulf and Emily talked about their upcoming exam in a month. While the two men beside them were having an eye battle.

The phone rings disturbing the atmosphere.

When Jay was about to grab the phone, Gulf immediately grabbed it from him. Everyone was shocked about Gulf's action but Gulf didn't care, he walked out from the garden and went to his room.

He went to his balcony to talk to the caller, which can be seen from the garden. He look at them and then he turned his back again before dialing the number.

"Hello, why did you call?" Gulf asked in a soft voice.

"Tskk.. I just wanted to inform you that, you need to come back, Gulf!!!! Its been a year! Don't you have any plan to come back here huh!!!!?" The girl shouted in the other line.

Gulf couldn't stop but to smile.
"Okay.. okay.... calm down Sammy I'm coming back." He said and walked along the balcony.

On the other hand Mew couldn't stop looking up where Gulf was. His face, frowning.

'Why did he need to go upstairs just to talk to the caller????'

'Is he hiding something??'

'Why does he seems happy while talking to that fucking caller??'

These were the questions in his mind.

The same goes in Jay's also.
He didn't expect that sort of reaction from Gulf.

(Back to Gulf)

"Are you going to stay here finally??!?!?!"
The girl asked with excitement

"No Sam, I will only be there for one month. You know that I have a husband now Sam..." Gulf said and he heard stomping sound from the other line.

"Sorry Gulf.. Sammy is always like that. There is not even a single day that she misses for asking 'when will you come back here'...." An old lady spoke on the other line.

"It's okay Nana. I've known her for so many years. By the way I'm coming there.. maybe this coming week I think!?" Gulf said.

"Really? Are you going to stay here for good??" The old lady asked.

"No Nana.. I will just visit the houses there and of course all of you" Gulf said and looked down where Mew was.

Their eyes met but that was broken when Emily talked to Mew, pulling his face towards her.

Gulf felt the pain again. He turned around and touched his chest.

"Nana I'm hanging up now, tell Sammy that I miss her too" Gulf said. The old lady hummed as a reply and Gulf ended the call.

Gulf went to the kitchen after the call.

When he entered the kitchen Emily was also present there. She was standing near the counter while in daze.

"Emily???" Gulf asked.

"Gulf....." Emily raised her glass, inviting Gulf to have a drink with her.

Gulf shook his head and replied.
"No thanks dear....."
And walked to the cabinet looking for ingredients needed for today's lunch.

"Gulf can I asked you a question??" Emily asked and walked towards him.

Gulf stopped what he was doing and looked at Emily.

"What is it?" Gulf asked and continued collecting the ingredients.

"What's the real score between you and Mew?" Emily asked him directly.

Gulf suddenly stopped what he was doing and looked at Emily.

"What do you mean???" Gulf asked her.

"I'm not that blind Gulf, I know that there is something between you and Mew!" Emily replied as she looked at him.

"Look Emily, Me and Mew are just plain housemates" Gulf defend. But Emily smirked.

"When did you meet?" She asked again.

Gulf raised his brow.
"I meet him before the school started." Gulf answered again.

"Okay then good." Emily said and smiled.
She walked towards Gulf and kissed him.

Gulf froze at his place. He stepped back and looked at Emily.

"What the....! Emily, why did you do that!?" Gulf looked at her furiously.

"I like you Gulf." She said...

To be continued...

(670 words)