22

Gulf's POV

After I finished cooking I walked out of the kitchen. I didn't expect her to do that.

As much as possible, I should avoid her. I went to my room to calm myself. I entered my room and I was shocked when I saw who was sitting on my bed.

"Mew??? What are you doing here?" I asked and tried not to stutter.

He came close to me "What was that?" He asked me in his cold voice.

I don't know what he was talking about so I arched my eyebrows.
"W-what??"
I stepped back from him but he was still stepping closer to me.
Until I don't have any space to step back.
"Are you hitting on Emily, Gulf??"

My eyes widened. He saw us in the kitchen.....?!
I shook my head.
"N-no.. I'm not hitting on her....."
I shook my head again.
But I stopped when his face came very close to mine.

"Make sure of that Gulf, or else...." he didn't continue what he was about to say and stared at me.

My heart is hurting again.... Is he jealous because of me???
Do he really love her so much that he even came to my room for confrontation???

I looked in his eyes, his lips and his chest.
Those eyes.... I know that I will never see an admiration for me in his eyes.
I know that I will never see him smiling at me dearly. And that heart, I already know that I can never enter his heart. I know that I will never get a space in his heart, which I really wish I could.

"Me......" I couldn't continue my words as he spoke again.

"Gulf, let's be friends......."
My world stopped because of that sentence. I felt like something blocked my throat when I tried to speak.

"W-what d-did you say????" I asked at him.

"Gulf, let's be friends... Let's try to fix everything. Forgot about the marriage thing.. Let's start newly." He said while holding my hands.

I felt my tears rolling down my cheeks. Yahh.. I'm crying right now. I sobbed covering my mouth while looking at him. I've waited for this for a long time.

I nodded my head "Of course, let's be f-friends.." I said.

It's hard to say the word 'friends' infront of the one that you love. I know that my decisions right now are ruining my original plan.

"Hey?! Why are you crying?" He asked as he looked at me.

I shook my head "Huh.. Nothing.. I'm just happy." I said and wiped my tears.

"From now on let's just forget about the contract and the marriage.. let's start from a new beginning Gulf." He said.

"Okay..! Hi.. I'm Gulf Kanawut!! Ready to be your friend" I said as I smiled and extended my arms, he accepted it and smiled a bit.

"My name is Mew Suppasit, asking to be your friend" he said and we shook our hands.

We laughed together. "Now I look silly right?! I'm crying knowing that we are friends. Now get out of my room. I need to change" I said as I pushed him out.

"Wait.. It's normal for a friend to see him getting changed!! Can't I stay here?" Mew said as he tried pushing himself inside.

"Noo.. It's not normal!!!" I said and tried to push him out.
"Wait.. I already saw everything! Are you still shy??" He teased me.

I blushed and pushed him hard.
"Silly, Of course! We just met today.. Now shooo go goo!!! Don't be so close already" I said and closed the door.

I leaned on the door and put my hand on my chest as I smiled at last......

.
.
.
.

Weekend passed.. Jay went back to his condo already. I was a little bit sad but he promised that he will meet me at the university.

Before he went, he whispered something to me. I looked at him with confusion and went back straight to my room.

I saw Mew and Emily on the couch. My heart hurts but I just smiled at them. Since that incident between me and Emily. Emily became more clingy to Mew.

I pretended like nothing happened and acted normal.

To be continued...

(710 words)