Forever

Dalia's POV

I walked down the hallways with Lottie as people gave me nasty looks. But hey, they've been doing this for years now.

Let me fill you in... Dalton has been missing for a year and a half now. He would be 19 now. His birthday is February 6th and he disappeared in September of last year when he was 17.

Dallas has been here on and off... I don't know where he goes, but he definitely leaves the state. Normally he disappears for two or three months and comes back for two to three weeks. I can never really tell. I've tried many times to catch him leaving and follow him, or somethin' but it never works.

He always manages to leave without anybody noticing...

Mariah has left me alone since our huge fight. She was in the hospital for a week and she was fine after that. Minor concussion. But nothing I wouldn't be able to handle. Lucky for me, her parents didn't press charges.

Finally, the school day was over.

"Alright. See ya tomorrow." Lottie said walking out of the school. I went home in the opposite direction.

"See ya." I called out. I walked for a while in the freezing cold and finally made it home. I opened the door and threw my backpack on the floor.

Dad groaned. Mom was sitting on the couch, barely awake. "When can ya disappear like your brothers have?" Dad asked, loudly and obviously drunk.

"Never. Good luck with that." I mumbled. "And Dallas is still around. He comes back." I said it quietly so it all sounded like a bunch of muffled words to dad.

"If you're gonna talk, speak up so I can hear you!" He yelled coming up to me.

We were both arguing in front of the door and I started yelling about how nobody will ever care about him.

"You think I care? I get what I want and nothings happened yet. Now knock it off!" He yelled.

"No!" I screamed back. I didn't really have a good rebuttal but I wanted to have the last word.

"Y'know, you better be nice to me. I'm all you have now. Your lousy ass brothers left ya behind."

"Shut up! They didn't leave!" I said, completely in denial. I knew they left me. But I would never admit it.

Dad gave me a hard slap across my face and we continued to argue. In the middle of my monologue about how he's a shitty father, the door flew open and hit me square in the nose.

I turned around, holding my nose in pain. I groaned and I heard dad sigh and walk back to the kitchen.

"FUCK!" I yelled. "What the hell?" I asked, turning around. I gasped when I saw Dallas throwing his shit all over the floor. "Dallas! You're back!" I exclaimed, excitedly.

"Mhmm..." he mumbled walking away.

I frowned as he completely ignored my existence. Dad walked back into his room and I was standing alone in the room by myself with a bloody nose and a nervous feeling.

This is it.

I'm done.

I can't stay here by myself anymore.

This is the time I'm gonna catch Dallas. I'm gonna stay in this apartment at all times and wait for him to leave so I can follow him.

Dallas Tucker Winston, watch out. Cause I'm not letting you leave me in this hell hole for months and months again.

*Three Weeks Later*

3 weeks. 21 days. 504 hours. 30,240 minutes. 1,814,400 seconds. Dallas is still here. I mean, I'm grateful. But I almost want him to leave so I can follow him!

It was 1 in the morning and my 21st night on the couch, waiting for Dallas to do something.

I looked at the clock. 2:55. Dallas is still in his room.

Dammit.

I'm exhausted. Maybe he really is staying?

But a month worth of pain for a lifetime of help, might be worth it. If it means not staying alone, I'll do it.

But I want it to be over with so I can get at least some sleep.

I rested my eyes for two seconds. I just needed a few seconds. And if I didn't fall asleep, I'd still hear him wake up. But the next thing I saw on the clock was 4:04.

GOD DAMMIT!

I fell asleep for a whole hour! God, I hope Dallas is still here. I heard shuffling from one of the rooms so I hoped it was Dallas, and not my parents.

I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited until it was 8 in the morning.

I groaned and sat up, with one hour of sleep. I went up to Dallas' door. I give up. I'm just gonna confront him about him again. I've asked before and he's shrugged it off. But this is it. I'm putting my foot down.

"Dallas!" I yelled, knocking on the door.

He didn't answer.

There's absolutely no way he's still sleeping. He's probably just ignoring me. He's never asleep this late. Hell, the latest I've ever seen him wake up was 7:00.

"Dallas!" I yelled, again. I kept knocking until I was sick of him ignoring it.

I noticed it wasn't locked. I raised an eyebrow and opened the door. I barged in and gasped when I saw the room.

It was empty.

Last time I was in here was just two weeks ago. All his stuff was still here.

But his shelves were empty, his drawers that were pulled out had nothing in it, his closet was empty, his floor had nothing on it. The only thing left was his bed and the furniture.

I slowly looked around. There was absolutely nothing this time. I made my way to the wall next to the door.

I leaned against the wall and sunk down, tears staining my cheek. I couldn't help control the sobs.

Dallas was gone, gone.

Dallas took everything.

I know he isn't coming back.

This is it...

Dallas is really gone.

Forever.