The Intruder

I decided to head up to bed after that as it was no use waking up the boys so late. This morning however, I woke and rushed to get ready, not wasting any time. I disregard my bed hair and run downstairs where the boys are waiting for me in the common room.

"Morning", they yawn.
"We need to talk", I say much to their confusion.
"Ugh what now", Blaise sighs.
"Come on", I beckon and I lead the boys to the bathroom where I found the diary.

"Um, (Y/N) is there a reason we're standing in the girls bathroom", Blaise raises his eyebrows in disgust.
"Yes. This is where I found this", I place my hand inside my robes and take out the diary.
"What's that?", Draco asks.
"Is that all? Why couldn't you show us that in the common room?", Blaise says.
I roll my eyes at them both. "No, this diary belongs to Tom Marvolo Riddle", I state.
"Are we supposed to know who that is?", Draco asks.
"He was a student at Hogwarts fifty years ago", I say waiting for one of them to clock what I'm trying to say.
"Fifty years ago?".
"The chamber of secrets was opened fifty years ago", I say impatiently.
"So he knows who opened it?", Blaise asks.
"I found this diary floating in one of the toilets", I say.
"Ew", Draco says.
"So I took it and brought it to the common room with me and I started to write in it. But the ink just kept disappearing and I got fed up", I begin.
"Probably one of those joke diary's", Blaise says.
"No. It wasn't. The diary wrote back and I asked it what it knew about the chamber of secrets".
"Hold on, it wrote back? That's dark magic (Y/N). You need to be careful", Draco says worriedly.
"I think we're a bit past being careful don't you", I raise my eyebrows at him.
"Go on, what did it say?", Blaise asks.
"The diary said it couldn't tell me anything about it but then something really weird happened", I explain.
"It was like. I don't know how to explain it, it was like a dream. I felt myself spinning and then when I opened my eyes i was in this memory. Tom Riddles memory and it was fifty years ago, back when the chamber was opened. Eventually Tom lead me to a room and he confronted the opener of the chamber", I say slowly.
"And??", the boys ask.
"It was Hagrid", I sigh.
"Hagrid?", they say in unison, both as shocked as I was.
"Yes. Apparently Hagrid was trying to tame the monster or something. It was like a massive spider", I finish my story.
"But surely if it was Hagrid, Dumbledore wouldn't allow him to come back to the grounds?", Draco questions.
"I don't think Hagrid intended for anyone to get hurt. You know how he loves magical creatures. He probably thought he could make it his pet or something", I say.
"I always wondering why Hagrid didn't have a wand.", Blaise adds.
"Well now you know", I sigh.
"So what now?", Draco asks.
"Let's ask him about it", Blaise says.
"We can't Blaise. He's not going to admit to it and if he does what's he going to do to us?", Draco says.
"Hagrid wouldn't hurt us", I add.
"How do you know that?", Draco says.
I think to myself and decide Draco is right.
"Fine, we stay away from Hagrid for as long as possible but until then we need to put our heads together and think", I say.
"I can't think right now I'm tired and hungry", Draco complains.
"Let's just go to breakfast first okay?", Blaise suggests.
"Good idea".

News of more attacks begins to spread throughout the castle in the following weeks and we try our best to keep quiet about what we know which goes pretty smoothly until one Friday where everything went terribly wrong.

I was at dinner and I headed back up to my dorm to do some reading when I noticed my area of the room was a complete mess. It looked as if someone had had a fit. Parchment and ink was flung everywhere and my dressers were open with the contents sprawled out on the floor. I remembered I had put the diary in one of those dressers and I began to frantically search for it underneath my bed and behind the dressers but it was no use. The diary was gone and someone clearly wanted it badly. This intruder now has the diary and what if their the heir?

Then I rushed down to the common room to inform the boys of the strange occurrence but everything was different and to my surprise Professor Snape was standing in the middle of all the Slytherin students.
It went incredibly silent as I entered the room.
"Ms (L/N) could you come with me please", Snape said in that same monotone voice.
The boys stared at me with dreary faces and pitiful eyes and panic began to surge through my body. Thoughts rushed through my head, "Had I been caught in the restricted section? Did the finder of the diary tell Snape I had been hiding it? Am I being expelled?".

Outside the common room Professor Mcgonagall and Dumbledore are waiting for me. I realized soon by their sad faces, something very bad had happened.
"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this dear, but your friend Hermione Granger has been petrified", Mcgonagall says gently.
I recognize the word petrified immediately from the other announcements of attacks.

Suddenly everything seems to darken and Dumbledore, Mcgonagall and Snape begin to shrink.
My eyes shut slowly and my body begins to sway.
Then, with a final hit to the ground, everything stops, even me.