THIRTY NINE

"I was just coming from John B's" I tell him whilst I use my hand to shield the sun from my eyes.

"Come on we'll give you a ride" Rafe says with a smirk.

The look to my left to where I hear footsteps and see JJ looking between me and the car.

"No no that's fine." I smile shaking my head.

"You sure?" Topper asks me and I take one glance towards JJ and I can practically hear him yelling at me to not get in the car. Which of course makes me want to get in.

"Yeah I'm sure make sure to tell Sarah I say hi." I tell them with out a doubt they'll be seeing her before I do.

"I will do by the way love the bikini" Rafe compliments with a wink.

"Thank you I'll see you soon" I tell him with a smile and they drive off. Waving to me as they do so.

"Why is he here?" I hear JJ ask me and I turn to see him and run my hands through me hair.

"I don't know JJ he just pulled up next to me" I tell him with a sigh.

He doesn't reply but he shakes his head and walks straight passed me nudging my shoulder as he does.

I chuckle and turn in his direction and turn him around so he's looking at me.

"Why do you care?" I simply ask crossing my arms looking into his eyes.

"Huh?" He shakes his head.

"Look JJ whenever you've seen me and Rafe together you always give me this weird vibe. So what is it? Is it something against Kooks? Cause sorry to brake it to ya but I'm one too so is Kie. Or is it just Rafe? Why do you care?!" I rant easing my voice slightly as I reach the end of my sentence.

He doesn't answer but looks deep into my eyes like he want to say something but he's scared.

This is a side of JJ I've never seen...he's scared. JJ seems more of the fearless type, the type to do the most stupid things regardless of the consequences.

His hand raises and I flinch as it brings back memories of my aunt. I can tell he saw me flinch as he sighs tucking my hair behind my ear. His hand rests just under my jaw.

My previous anger has flown out of the window as he calms me down. I bring my hand and place it around his wrist.

"I don't know why I do but I can't stop caring. I've never cared this much about anyone ever" he tells me and as lovely as it is to hear. Plus I feel the same way. There is Kie I can tell she likes him and he clearly likes her.

Am I just easier? I've always been a sucker for love ever though it's stabbed me in the heart multiple times.

From what I've heard from Kie JJ has slept with many girls not including her. I don't want to be another one of them.

I know JJ well enough to know he wouldn't do that to me, would he?

"JJ we can't." I sigh and take my hand from around his wrist making his hand fall from my face.

"Why?" He questions almost annoyed at me.

"You know why JJ. I appreciate you always being there for me I really do more than you know. We have a great friendship and I don't want to lose that. Ever." I say most likely too fast for him to understand.

"Jess this-" he points his finger between to who of us. "-isn't only friendship and you know that. Don't deny it." He finishes bringing his hand back up to my face and I melt in his touch yet again.