chapter twenty six | grayson

One month later

"Just breathe babe." I tell Everest as I put my hands on her waist.

She lets out a huff as she wraps her arms around my torso "I am, but I'm nervous! Like what if my blade makes me trip or what it I fall, even worse what if everyone laughs at m-" I cut her off by leaning down and kissing her.

She slowly relaxes into my arms. We pull away and she narrows her eyes at me "what? You were rambling" I said shrugging.

"Well that's not fair." I raise my eyebrow "oh but its fair when we're in my Hou-" she puts her hand on my mouth.

"Shhh" I playfully roll my eyes. "Don't worry you'll do fine so grab your ice skates and go practice." I say and she does what I say not before flipping me off. 

"Fuck you." She says "well you already have love." Her eyes widen and she closes the door quickly.

I let out a chuckle and sit down on the couch. These past weeks have been something else.

When I tell you this girl is perfect she is beyond perfect.

Today is her big competition and she's a huge wreck, I keep on trying to calm her down, so let's hope it keeps on working.  Many of the events got canceled because of COVID which is fucking annoying.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Scoot over Marcus." Carter whisper yells since everyone is quieting down for the next solo, which is Everest's.

Once she skates to the middle we all cheer for her "that's my favorite daughter!" Her dad yells "that's because she is your only daughter honey." Her mom says patting his shoulder. We all chuckle and face back to the front.

In a blink of an eye everything is over and she did so many things I have no idea what they are but she did amazing.

"Look at the picture I got!" Ria squeals as she shows me. "Wow Ri that's actually good!" I say ruffling her hair.

 "Wow Ri that's actually good!" I say ruffling her hair

She flips her hair back "I know I'm amazing."

♡ ♡ ♡

"Yeah boiii the girls taking the golddd!" Chris hollers as we all walk to the parking lot.

Everest lets out a laugh "adding another medal to the case." She says lookin at her medal.

The girls did very good, Diana and Makensie got 1st place in their duo and Everest got first as well as her solo.

"You gonna go somewhere hun?" her dad asks. "Yeah we might go eat dinner somewhere but I'll be back home in two hours." She says hugging her parents good bye.

I intertwine my Fingers with hers and we all decide to go to a nearby cafe that's opened until late.

I look down at Everest and smile. She looks very good with my hoodie.

She looks up and smiles "someone has staring issues." She whispers to me.

"Well I can't help it when I have the most beautiful girl right beside me."

——————————————————————————-
Heyy!!! So I did a very short update and I'm thinking of making one more chapter and then the epilogue to it including some bonus chapters!!

Idkkk what do y'all think??

Anywaysss see ya at the end of next chapter byeee <3