𝟔. sunstroke

WHITE FLAG

chapter six : sunstroke
{ season one - episode four }

chapter six : sunstroke{ season one - episode four }

"OH, BABY. WILL you look at that," Morales smiled. "Hey, check it out," he laughed. Kloe lifted her head, spotting Andrea and Amy approaching them with a bundle of fish. The brunette girl's eyebrows raised as Morales gripped onto them.

She was still sitting beside Lori, who began to clap along with some others. It had been at least an hour and a half since the conversation about Glenn, and it had totally vanished from Kloe's mind. Lori advised her not to talk or move too much, so her neck could get better faster.

"Ladies... because of you, my children will eat tonight," Morales cheered. "Thank you."

"Thank Dale," Andrea corrected. "It's his canoe and gear," she and Amy brought their bottles of water to their mouths as Andrea and Jacqui's hand clapped together.

"Mom, look," Carl cooed. "Look at all the fish."

Morales swung the fish closer to Lori, causing her to tilt to the side. "Thank you," she giggled.

The man turned to the Schmidt girl, ready to do the same he did to Lori. Instantaneously, she lifted her hands up. More people laughed, finding it even more humorous that she couldn't talk.

"Woah," Carl touched the fish scales with an amused look.

"Yeah, whoa," Lori agreed, turning to the light blonde sisters. "Where did you two learn how to do that?"

"Our dad," Amy answered, sharing a smile with her older sister.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked, excitement laced in his voice.

"Sure!" Amy accepted. "I'll teach you all about nail knots and stuff. If that's okay?"

"You won't catch me arguing."

Andrea swiveled to Dale, who approached the group with a concerned look on his face. "Hey, Dale. When's the last time you oiled those line reels? They are a disgrace."

Morales lifted up the two loads of fish with a big smile plastered on his face.

"I, uh-" Dale paused, searching for his next words. "I don't want to alarm anyone, but we may have a bit of a problem."

Shane stood up from the steps of the RV, flipping his cap as he stumbled towards them. Dale turned his body and pointed up a hill.

Kloe squinted her eyes, attempting to see what Dale was pointing at. Her eyes adjusted back to normal, a male figure was up on the hill, digging something. The girl automatically knew it was Jim, everybody else was in the center of the camp, except Jim.