𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

𝐈 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, wondering how to thank London.

At lunch, he was nice enough to comfort me after Darion and Priscilla upset me.

I called Brooke to get some advice on how I should go about my gratitude. I needed the advice before London would come out of the shower.

"Just say thank you."

"No," I moaned over the phone. "I have to be extra with it, 'cause I haven't been very nice to him."

Brooklyn didn't respond.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey."

"Brooklyn, you're not helping."

"I don't know what you want me to tell you," my sister complained.

My sister and I started arguing. I was too busy bitching at her that I didn't even hear the shower turn off.

"I'm going to hang up."

"That– That's why you're adopted."

Two knocks startled me.

"Paris?"

Slowly, I put my phone down by my side and turned around to London whose nice upper body was revealed, his towel wrapped around his torso.

I had on a face mask and my hair was in two buns, so I kind of looked like a child in front of him.

However, I can't say that I wholly looked like a child; children don't wear mini nighties that show cleavage.

"Hi," I laughed nervously, trying to look at his face and not his physique. I saw a bit of amusement in his eyes. "Uh, do you need something?"

He jutted his lip out and shook his head no. "Just wanted to say you're welcome." He winked and then walked off.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, I stood there, looking stupid.

Then I realized...

"Hey!" I went after him to his room, his back was toward me as he got clothes out of the drawer. "You were listening to my conversation!"

He started laughing. "It's pretty hard not to when you're yelling. Seriously, Paris, the walls in this house aren't thin, and I can hear you yelling from the bathroom." He turned to me.

"I do not yell!"

He let out another laugh. "You're yelling right now!"

"So are you!"

"Sometimes I have to yell so you can hear me!"

"I can be louder than you!"

"We can both be loud!"

We both erupted into obnoxiously loud laughter.

"Don't you have a bedtime or something?" he questioned, smiling, turning back around to close the drawer.

"Don't you?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Nope."

"Oh, well, you should. Anyways, thanks for comforting me today. And I'm sorry for being a lot bitchy towards you." My apology was sincere, as was my gratitude.

"No problem, and it's all good."

"No, but seriously, I hope we're good now because thinking about how I was mean to you, that was really shitty."

He turned back around.

"As I said, it's all good."

London forgiving me made me feel even worse for how I treated him.

I think my face gave my feelings away because then he said, "Please don't feel bad, because that's just going to waste your time when I already told you that you're forgiven."

I just had to smile at his forgiving nature.

"What?" he asked with a laugh.

"Nothing!" I trailed. "You're just nice, and I didn't even know you were like that."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." He sounded like one of those wannabe mysterious guys and that made me laugh.

"Okay, Mr. I'm Different From Other Guys, Mr. I'm Weird, I'm a Weirdo." I was playfully teasing him.

"That's enough. But, it's true, there is a lot you don't about me."

"Well, will you ever disclose that kind of information to me?"

"Perhaps."

"Perhaps? What does that mean?"

"You don't know what perhaps means?" He stared at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I know what it means, I just want to know what it means to you?"

"Oh, because I was genuinely concerned for a moment," he muttered.

I snickered.

"I'll disclose that information when I'm ready," he continued.

"Oh, okay."

London put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face the door.

"Will you let me get dressed now?" I could almost hear the grin on his face.

"Fine." I remembered something then and turned around. "Wait, what hairstyle should I get?" I went on my phone and pulled up three pictures of the different braiding styles.

He scrolled through the three options before answering, "This one."

He chose the cornrow in the front and box braids in the back style. Good choice.

"Okay, thanks, goodnight." I took my phone back.

"Goodnight." He said when I was in the hallway.

It was nice and quite relieving that London and I had reconciled our differences.