🌠Silence of Melody

/4/

BOOK TITLE: SILENCE OF MELODY
AUTHOR: mintquex
GENRE: Short story/Romance
REVIEWER: Lilly

______________
SCORE POINT

•Cover: 7/10

•Blurb: 7/10

•Writing Style & Presentation: 18/20

•Char. &Dialogue Development: 20/20

•Plot & Development: 20/20

•Grammar & Punctuation: 19/20

___________
TOTAL POINT: 91/100

________

REVIEW

The Silence of Melody is a strange yet unique tale of love, told in silence. It starts with promises of a happy tale but the ending leaves me clutching my heart in pain and satisfaction (weird right?); you just have to read it! XD:

The cover is beautiful. It has a very nice concept, the title just sort of fits into the picture. The only thing is I don’t feel the story in the cover. In my opinion the cover doesn’t tell the tale. Yes, we have the beautiful flowers but the model. . .she isn’t carrying the right emotion in my opinion. If she represents Hannah in the early stage of the story, I think the model could be smiling or at least look happy. If the model represents Mawar, maybe a sad or longing facial expression on the model would suit it better. The model you have right now is beautiful but she looks fierce, I don’t know if I missed anything in the story but none of your female characters has the traits of your model.

The blurb is also nice. Short and precise. I would have preferred the dialogue excerpt be taken out, but it’s your decision. If you want it to stay then it can stay, but I just feel like it’s hiding the beauty of the blurb itself in a way. (This might just be because I really find dialogue excerpts to be a waste, XD:)

Telling the story from Mawar’s point of view, I feared some of the emotions might be lost. But you wowed me. It was actually a very emotional piece, even from her point of view. I got captivated by her narrative and I couldn’t stop till the last page. The first chapter got me a bit confused as to what was happening and who was who but the story flow and continuity fixed that up at chapter two.

As for the presentation, I usually prefer having shorter paragraphs in chapters for dramatic effect and tension build, but your style was also nice. I didn’t get bored at all. My interest peaked with each new development.

The grammar is top notch. The way you describe each moment with such delicate words, are you perhaps a poet? D: I really enjoyed how you toyed with words to tell your story. As for the punctuation, I think you also did a nice job with it. Just a few rogue regular stuffs here and there that a quick edit will definitely solve.

One would think writing a story with just a few characters should be easy but trust me it isn’t. I really commend you for this piece. The characters were absolutely amazing. Sometimes, we all wish we could be the lovers of that one sweet person who is already taken; that’s my Mawar. In love with the man she knows she can never have. Then we have the man, Asher, who lives every day wishing his beloved could be in his arms again but time never goes back once it starts ticking.

Finally, we have the mute Hannah, who tied all the loose ends in this story. The flowers and the silence, all made sense once she was introduced. These three make up this wonderful piece; with just little words, love was confirmed in the Silence of melody.

Like I said at the start of this review, this is a very unique story told in an equally unique way. It develops wonderfully with each passing chapter and the questions in my head all got answered at the end. Maybe someday you could consider making this amazing piece a novel where we would have more back stories about the characters.😊 

📚📚📚📚📚📚📚