November: Vacation Part 4

Daphne POV

"How about a swim, handsome?" I suggest as we step off the bus back at our resort.

"That sounds like a great idea, babe," Chris says while wrapping his arm around my waist.

We'd spent the last eight hours at Epcot, eating around the world and I was looking forward to just relaxing, and what better way than to enjoy a quiet swim with my gorgeous husband.

A short walk through the gift shop finds us seeing a familiar little red head and her family. Chris motions with his head, letting me know he wants to go and check on the little girl. Of course I encourage it; his caring heart is one of the things I love most about him. I follow along, letting him lead the way.

"Princess Alice?" Chris says the closer he gets to her. She turns to look at him, a wide smile beaming as she recognizes him.

"My Prince!" she exclaims as she opens her arms and grabs a hold of him. Chris crouches down further to be on her level.

   "How are you feeling?" he asks the girl, looking at her eye to eye now.

   "Much better! Mommy said you're her Knight in Shining Armor," she glances at her mom whom I notice is blushing profusely.

"Alice!" her mother scolds her.

I grin, looking between all three of them. "He really is though. Kind of like how he and I met actually."

"But I said you were more than that. You're Prince..." her voice trails off, she leans in closer to Chris. "What's your name?"

   He chuckles with his response. "Chris."

   "Prince Chris!" she exclaims. "Ya know, sometimes the princess saves the prince too, like Ariel saved Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid. But most of the time the prince comes to the rescue of his favorite girl," she rambles. "Is that what I am? Am I your favorite girl?"

Chris glances up at me, a little unsure of how to answer the question from the hyper beauty before him. I smile back at him, loving the little interaction between them, and shrug, leaving that decision in his court. "Well, Princess, this is my first favorite girl. This is queen Daphne. She's my first responsibility to take care of."

"Oh," Alice says, her face becoming sullen at his words as she takes a couple of steps back from him.

"But," Chris begins again, "It's my job to make sure everyone in the kingdom is safe and doing well, and that includes you." We watch as the smile returns to her face.

"How long are you here, Prince Chris, in this kingdom?" she asks, eyes widening in excitement again.

"I have to return to my own kingdom in three days," he informs her. "What about you?"

"I'm not sure. Mom? I mean, Queen Mom?" the little girl corrects herself, continuing the ruse of Princes and Princesses.

Mom glances over at grandma before answering. "Well, it was suppose to be tomorrow, but with all that happened, we decided to extend our visit and enjoy this 'kingdom' a little longer." Mom places her hand on her chest. "I'm Gabriella, or Gabbi, and this is my mother Louisa." Official introductions given we each exchange handshakes.

"Well, Princess Alice, I am thankful to see you're feeling well. Queen Daphne and I were just going to head back to our castle before taking a swim in the..." Chris is trying to think of the correct terminology to continue the make believe conversation. "Moat?" he says unsure of himself, even his face showing confusion.

Alice jumps up and down. "That sounds like fun! Mommy, can we go too?"

"We can go tomorrow, Alice. It's not polite to invite yourself into someone else's plans," she tells her daughter, ruffling her long red hair with her hands.