Chapter 30

When I woke up my whole torso was hurting and I had to be very careful as I had to breathe.
I felt something laying on my right side and I immediately recognised Noah's hair tickling my arm. 
I sighed in relief at that feeling. 
I had blinked a few times before I could understand where I was, because the room was almost completely in the dark. 
"I'm not dead, am I?" I thought, moving my head a little. 
In the seats next to the bed I was laying into there were a few figures. 
Jim, Sherlock, John and Sebastian were there, completely asleep on the chairs, visibly uncomfortable.  
-Guys...- I coughed a little, calling them, because the pain was too much and I needed some painkillers. 
-Mh?- they hummed, half asleep. 
-Sorry to wake you up, but I need something for the pain.- I said, looking at them. 
-y/n? Oh god, you're awake.- Jim said, standing up, hugging me. 
-Hey y/n/n.- Sherlock smiled softly -How do you feel?- he asked.
-I'm okay just give me some painkillers, please.- I said, taking some deep breaths. 
-Here, but don't move too much.- John handed me some pills and a glass of water. 
-Thanks.- I said, taking them.
-Let me take Noah.- Sebastian said, approaching me. 
-No, no. Leave him here. He doesn't bother me at all. After what we've been through I need him close to me.- I said, ruffling his hair -What time is it anyway?- I asked. 
-Uhm...four a.m., why?- Sebastian asked, checking his watch. 
-Go and get some proper sleep, please. I can't see you sleeping on some chairs.- I said to them in a low voice, coughing. 
-You'll be fine?- Sherlock asked me, in a worried tone. 
-I've been fine two years without you, I think I can handle another night, don't worry.- I smiled at him. 
-I'll stay here with them.- Jim said, looking at Noah -If she wants me to, of course.- he said moving his gaze to me. 
-Yeah, I'd appreciate it.- I smiled at him.
-Alright then. We'll be in our rooms and Moran on the sofa in the living room, if you need anything just scream.- he said. 
-If you hear her screaming I don't advise you to come into the room, but if you really want to...- Jim smiled in a mischievous way, making me blush. 
-Please don't.- John said, sighing loudly. 
-Alright, alright. Let her rest now.- Seb said. 
-I'll call Mycroft to let him know that you're awake.- Sherlock said as they walked out, leaving me, Jim and Noah. 
He sat on the bed next to me, stroking Noah's cheek while he slept. 
-Is he...dead?- I asked him, trying to looking outside of the window -Thomas, I mean.- 
-Yeah...yeah he is. You're safe now.- he replied -I really have to thank you. If it weren't for you I'd be dead. So thanks.- he said, putting his hand on mine.
-I'm sure you'd do the same for me.- I said, smiling a little. 
-Yeah of course dear. I was just surprised that you almost gave your life to save me, after I made you suffer for two years.- he looked down.
-It's weird, I know. But I'm an Holmes. I don't like simple things.- I remember him. 
-Anyway how do you feel, dear?- he asked, passing a hand in his messy dark hair. 
-I'm okay...just a little ashamed that I didn't notice Thomas's intentions before.- I said, looking at my son. 
-It's okay, don't worry that much, nobody could have imagined what he wanted to do.- he smiled at me -Anyway he is so cute and well behaved. I almost didn't hear him at all, because he was so silent. I think he understood that it was a difficult situation. You did a good job raising him, my dear.- 
-Thank you.- I smiled -Wanna sit here?- I asked him, moving a little.
-Sure.- he sat next to me, as I laid my head on his shoulder -I missed this...- he said under his breath. 
-I missed it too.- I said, as he took my hand in his.
At that moment Noah woke up. 
-Mama? Mama!- he smiled, hugging me. 
-Hey there, sweetie. Mama's fine.- I kissed his cheek -I want to introduce you a person.- I smiled at Jim, he nodded softly and I could notice his teary eyes -He's...he's your papa.- 
-Pa? Pa...pa?- he asked, tilting his head a bit. 
-Yes, papa.- I repeated. 
-Hello buddy.- he said as he picked him up and Noah squeezed his cheeks. 
-Pa...papa. Papa.- he smiled, humming happily. 
-He likes you.- I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. 
-Good, because I like him too.- he smiled, sitting him on his lap and playing with him a little.
I couldn't believe that I was seeing that scene.
Jim was playing with Noah who was laughing and giggling in front of me. 
My heart melted and my eyes were tearing up. 
-Oh my...- I sobbed loudly, wiping my eyes. 
-What's wrong, dear?- he asked, worriedly. 
-Just that...I had hoped so many times...to see you here...with him...and now you are here...I just can't believe it...I'm so happy.- I stammered between sobs. 
-Oh dear...- he smiled softly, putting an arm around my shoulders and held me close. 
-Mama. Papa.- Noah clapped his hands, smiling. 
-Yes honey. Mama and papa.- I nodded. 
-I'm not gonna leave you. Never again. I promise.- Jim said, kissing Noah's forehead -y/n...will you marry me?- he asked, out of the blue. 
-What?- I asked, widening my eyes, turning my head to him. 
-I asked...will you marry me?- he asked again, looking into my eyes -I love you and I know that you said you wanted time but I can't wait. You and Noah are too important to me for letting you two go right now.- he said -So...y/n will you be my wife?- he asked. 
-Yes. Yes!- I said smiling, as some tears of joy came out. 
He put a hand on my cheek, stroking it, and I kissed his lips. 
That contact brought up all my feelings that for years I had tried to bottle up. 
When we broke the kiss, he tested his forehead against mine. 
-I'm sorry but I don't have a ring here, I'll go and buy one tomorrow.- he said. 
-I don't care about a stupid ring. The important thing is that I have you too by my side.- I smiled and kissed him again.