The Titan

Link peered through the lens of the Sheikah Slate, using the scope to try and see what he could find from afar. After having rested, he'd gone out alongside Taima back up Death Mountain again to try and see if he could find some more shrines. Unfortunately, the orange glow of the lava made things very difficult, making Link unsure whether or not he was even seeing the right thing.

He was suddenly jumped by the sound of Taima barking. Turning around, he saw Yunobo walking up to them.

"Hey, goro!" he shouted cheerfully, waving to Link. The Champion put away the slate, attaching it to his belt, as he turned toward the young Goron.

"Just wanted to see what you were doin' up here, goro." he told Link as he finally made his way up. Taking a moment to breathe, he looked around him. "Wow... The view here is amazin', goro. I'd have never taken the time to stop and look around back when Rudania was still wild."

He turned to Link and smiled.

"Alright, goro! What's next? I wanna do things at your side like Lord Daruk once did. What do we do?"

Link simply answered.

"For now, there's not much you can really do. I have to find more ancient shrines of this region-"

"Ancient shrines?" Yunobo asked. "Oh, I actually have seen a couple of those 'round here!"

"Where?" Link questioned.

"Follow me, goro!"

Yunobo motioned for Link and Taima to go after him as he began to jog down the mountain, the two following behind.

Later

After walking all the way back down Death Mountain, across the Bridge of Eldin and past the Abandoned North Mine, Yunobo brought them to another minecart track, leading across the lake of lava. The minecarts were all sitting off the rails on the ground, waiting to be put back on and put to work.

"Boss would always tell me about Lord Daruk and his adventures throughout Death Mountain. My favorite was the story of how he took on an Igneo Talus Titan."

Link's head perked up. He had never really heard of such a monster before.

"Isn't it just an Igneo Talus?" he asked.

"Well, yes. But it's so much larger! Most Gorons don't ever want to approach it. It's in an area where our cannons can't reach it, so you'd have to take it on your own." Yunobo explained. "Come to think about it, Boss actually mentioned that Lord Daruk was accompanied by a Hylian swordsman while battling the giant..."

Link paused in his footsteps upon hearing that. The words suddenly hit him as a vision flashed before his eyes.

Flashback

It had been earlier that day when Princess Zelda grabbed her equipment, as she left the inn and headed off to inspect Divine Beast Vah Rudania. For the first time, she allowed Link to accompany her as he escorted the Hylian girl to the great machine.

As they strolled over to the Divine Beast, Link couldn't help but stare a little as he walked a little more than a meter behind the princess. Seeing her in her bright blue researcher outfit, her golden hair gracefully flowing down her back, he thought that she was quite... beautiful.

"What am I thinking?!" he suddenly realized in his head, "I can't give into my senses like that. I have got to focus. Keep an eye on your surroundings, remember what happened back at the Gerudo Desert."

Pushing those thoughts away, he focused on the hot terrain around them. Thankfully for the two, the Divine Beast was parked at the foot of Death Mountain, allowing for easy access inside.