8: Battle Training

Okay, this chapter took so long to write, mostly because of the illustration above 😅 . I know, I know its kinda terrible but it serves its purpose I guess. 

Basically this is Chiharu's hero costume version 1! The balls and rectangles are 2 different types of close range explosives. He also had several small knives in the pockets pictured as knife fighting was a combat technique I feel like Hawks would teach him. 

BTW if you have any hero name suggestions I would like to hear them! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Ooah, you look really cool!" 

Chiharu smiled so widely at the words his face nearly disappeared. After all, they were the first words Izuku had ever said to him. 

They were in 1st grade and Chiharu had just moved to the neighborhood two weeks before. It was his first day of school and he was terrified. Poor Chiharu was too nervous to actually talk to anyone. 

No one spoke to him either, until the slide collapsed and Chiharu held it up. Izuku had stared at him from the sidelines, mouth agape and eyes wide. "Ooah, you look really cool! " He had said. Chiharu had turned bright red, not used to compliments like that. 

This time though, it was his hero costume that was being complimented. "I love the design, although its a lot less themed than the others." Izu said, looking over Chiharu's clothes. 

Haru nodded. "I don't really have a theme or a gimmick. My quirk is pretty basic." He explained. Izuku waved him off. 

"Your quirk is anything but basic." The green haired teen said, "You have one of the most extreme invulnerability quirks ever! You outclass All Might in some aspects, and no one out classes All Might! You also-". Izuku went on and on, rambling to himself about stats and power levels, meanwhile Chiharu was trying to control the flutter in his chest that occurred right at the moment Izuku had continued complimenting him. 

Chiharu was a weak, weak man. He wasn't going to last long seeing Izuku happy like this. U.A was doing the teen a world of good, mentally and physically, Chiharu wanted to see nothing more than that. Okay, maybe he wanted to be with Izuku in 'that way', but Izu's happiness came first. 

The teenager sighed. When had he become such a slave to love? 

(That was a flashback for another day) 

------ ------- ------- ------- -------- --------- -------- ---------- 

Bakugou walked off the battleground with an unreadable expression. Chiharu passed him while they swapped places. Kaminari and Chiharu were going to play the villains next. 

"Fix your attitude." Chiharu muttered as he passed the blonde. Bakugou, predictably, spun around and grabbed Chiharu by his shirt collar. 

"The fuck did you say?!" He bellowed. Chiharu rolled his eyes. He wasn't scared of Bakugou. He never was really. Chiharu had only even been scared of what Bakugou could do to Izuku when he wasn't around. 

"You heard me." Chiharu said, avoiding meeting Bakugou's eyes. It always infuriated him, and right now Chiharu wanted Bakugou mad. 

"When the fuck did you get an attitude?!" He barked, pushing Chiharu a little. "When you decided to seriously injure my best friend to save your ego." The black haired teen replied honestly. 

Bakugou clicked his tongue. "Deku doesn't think of you that way." He muttered as he trudged off, "He never has and never will. You're pathetic.". Chiharu felt a twinge inside his chest but ignored it.