Chapter 3

The sound of your alarm went off, signalling it was finally Monday and you would be starting your first day at Hawks agency. Hiro was asleep at the end of your bed, so you gave him a soft head pat on your way to the bathroom to get ready for the day. You had to be at the agency at seven thirty, it being six right now, giving you plenty of time. You got into your hero costume, brushed your teeth, and tied up your hair, then heading to the kitchen to make some breakfast. By now Hiro was awake and was sitting by his food bowl waiting for his breakfast. You gave him his food as your own food cooked and went to go check your computer to make sure you had everything set for the day. You then ate your breakfast, scrolling through your phone till it was about seven. You cleaned up your plate and wiped the kitchen down real quick before putting on your shoes. You decided you would go and fly around for a bit before actually heading to the agency.

It was now seven twenty-five as you made your way to the agency. You went through the doors, walking to the secretary desk to see a young woman with white hair. "Good morning Angel" she said looking up from her computer. "Good morning" you said with a soft smile. "You can just head on up to the top floor to Hawks office, he should already be there and if not you can start making yourself at home" she said handing you a key card. You thanked her, taking it and heading to the elevator. You reached the top floor and headed to the double doors. You gently knocked, and slowly opened the door. A feather stopped right in front of your face as you went to step inside. "Hello Angel" Hawks said, as the feather returned to him. "Hello Hawks, and good morning" you said as you stepped inside walking over to the desk that would be yours. Hawks sat at his own desk leaning back in his chair. "For today we will start patrolling at noon, until then you can settle in and I'll have you do some things for me" he said standing up and walking over to you as you took a seat at your desk and organized some stuff. He leaned against the wall next to you as you softly hummed to yourself until everything was to your liking. On the desk was a computer and you had brought some of your own notebooks and writing utensils. "Alright, first I'm gonna have you run this down to the secretary" he said, handing you a yellow envelope. You took it nodding then heading to the double doors as he followed. He opened the door for you and you thanked him as you walked down the hallway, back to the elevator.

Hawks Pov-

I watched as she walked down the hallway to the elevator, staring at her wings. Her wings never ceased to amaze me with how pure they looked. There was something about that hero that just brought comfort to anywhere she went. I smirked, and headed back into my office taking a seat back down at my desk. I looked over at her desk, that was all nice and neat and smiled. There was something about that girl that just made me want to get to know her more. I sighed, finally starting my own work.

Your Pov-

The secretary who you had learned was named Sara thanked you as you handed her the envelope. You nodded and headed back upstairs. You opened the double doors, received a wave from Hawks who was talking on the phone. You headed over to your desk, taking the time to set up your computer. He soon got off the phone and walked over to you as you typed away on your computer. "Everything you need should be there once you are all done signing in" he said as he set a paper down on your desk. You nodded, looking at the paper to see it was a report. "I'll have you put that in once your computer is ready" he said as he headed back to his desk. It was about nine thirty as you continued to do your work and typing in reports.

It was now around eleven and lunch time. Hawks invited you to come with him to grab lunch before starting the patrol, and you agreed. You guys walked down the street to a little restaurant. Hawks was of course swarmed by fans for a little bit as you stood by him quietly and may I say, awkwardly. "Hawks, what are you doing with Angel?" one girl asked, pointing to you. "Angel is my new partner" he said, giving his signature smile. You smiled and gave a little wave to the crowd. "Man I thought he finally got a girlfriend" you heard one girl say to another, making a blush rise to your cheeks. It seemed that Hawks didn't hear as he was talking to some other friends so you quickly tried to ignore it. You guys were then finally able to leave, making it to the restaurant. You guys grabbed some quick food and then headed into the sky to start the patrol.

"So angel, cool if I ask some questions about you so I can get to know you more?" Hawks asked as you soared above the city. "Oh sure, ask away" you responded. "Hmm alright, got any family?" he asked. "I have my Mom and Dad but they live in the countryside but that's it" you said as you looked down at the people to see if anything was happening. "Nice, any pets?" he then asked. "One gray tabby cat named Hiro" you responded, turning to now look at him. He smiled as he then thought of another question. "Dating anyone" he said, catching you off guard as your face went red. You looked back down at the city, saying, "Never been in a relationship". You rubbed the back of your head laughing a bit from embarrassment. "Oh nice, and same I've never actually been in anything too serious" he responded smiling. You guys continued flying as he asked about your favorite color and favorite foods.

It was about three now and nothing had really happened in the city. It was nice just talking and learning a little more about Hawks too. You guys were taking a break from flying and were sitting on top of a building on the edge. You sighed leaning back on your arms, tilting your head back to the sky with your eyes closed.

Hawks Pov-

I heard a sigh and looked over to see Angel leaning back as her eyes were closed at the sky. I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her. She had (H/c) hair, and a soft face that made it impossible to not look at. Her hero costume fit her nicely and her wings looked amazing as always. Her eyes opened, continuing to look towards the sky and I quickly turned away hoping she didn't notice me staring.

Your Pov-

You opened your eyes, seeing Hawks look at you in the corner of your eye before he quickly looked away making you smile a bit. You sat back up and looked at him looking down at the city. You could admit, he was an attractive individual. His golden brown hair fitting his face perfectly and the little bit of stubble he had on his chin. But what stood out was his crimson wings. The color was vibrant and it clashed well with his hair and skin color. A feather suddenly popped off and flew over to you, landing on your head. You looked up at it, going to grab it when it flew in front of your face and then back to Hawks. You looked towards Hawks to see him smiling, "What you thinking about" he asked making your face go red. "N-nothing, I must have zoned out" you said looking at your dangling feet. He laughed a little bit, then standing up and putting out his hand for you to take. He pulled you up and you guys then continued flying around.

--------------

It was about six thirty now and you guys were back at the agency, doing some reports. You typed away at your computer, submitting reports and going through some emails for Hawks. He was on a phone call and was walking around the room as he talked. He would occasionally look over at you as you worked, then turning his attention back to the caller.

The day was now over, and you finally made it home. You unlocked the door and stepped inside, ready to get changed into pajamas. Hiro jumped off the couch following you into your bedroom as you showered and got changed. You fed Hiro and also made some quick food for yourself. Once you ate you chilled out for the rest of the night, thinking about the first day you had patrolling with Hawks. Eventually you headed to bed and went to sleep.