I Miss You

A/N: This is probably one of my shortest one shots but with UnO about to make a return, I couldn't help but post something like this. :3 I always wondered how the others acted after John had left and how things were for Sera being alone so, here we are!

Hope you all enjoy! Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat.

The halls had never been quieter to her.

Then again, Seraphina rarely walked around during class time nowadays.

Old habits either kept her to the roof or confined to her desk while the teachers droned on.

But today, she couldn't sit still. Yet at the same time, she couldn't bare to be out when others were, listening to their words.

It hadn't even been a week since John left, but the rumors were spreading and so was the hatred towards him.

'Did you hear? John's finally gone!'

'Finally! I was wondering when they would can him!'

'I know right? He was a danger to the school.'

'Do you think he'll come back?'

'I f*cking hope not. I'd like to keep things the way they are thanks.'

'Honestly, things are so much better without him.'

No matter where she went, she heard everyone's distaste for him. Everything they wouldn't say to his face, they now gossiped about en masse.

Part of her wondered if they knew that they were part of the problem. Did they know that part of the reason why John had snapped was because of people like them? Always running their mouths behind other's backs when they think they couldn't be heard?

No.

Of course they didn't.

Because just like now, they didn't care. As long as they got to gossip or had a topic to talk about, it didn't matter who they blabbed about.

Even the royals had talked too, glad that John was no longer in their hair causing a mess.

Remi wasn't the type, but Sera could see the higher bounce in her step, her bubbly attitude returning tenfold.

The safe house was running smoother than ever now and she couldn't be happier.

She had been promoting the safe house freely and now that John wasn't around, students had returned to the club.

Before Blyke had departed for home, Sera had gone to find him and Isen to discuss something about the safe house when she walked in on a conversation between them.

She had hidden behind the corner to listen, curiosity getting the better of her.

Isen groaned, most likely stretching. "Ugh, what another busy day. There has to be, like, twice as many people compared to last week."

Blyke scoffed. "Well of course there is. John isn't here trying to cause a problem every 5 seconds."

"Ha! I know! Speaking of which, do you honestly think he'll come back? I've heard various rumors that he was only suspended."