Chapter 11

A/N: Sorry this is so short.

Between planning how to defeat Hawkmoth, spending time with Damian, having fun with the Waynes, patrolling as LadyBird, and doing activities in Gotham with her class; Marinette felt busy, but happy.

Lila had been trying to get in between Marinette and Damian any chance she got, but Damian was smarter than the French Class.

"Hey Marinette. Why do you have to be so mean to Lila?" Alya and some of the class were glaring at Marinette, the rest of the class who believed Lila were comforting said girl who was fake crying. Marinette threw her hands up in exasperation.

"What did I allegedly do this time?"

"You took the necklace that she got from her grandma!"

"I haven't even been in the hotel, so how could I have taken it! I also don't even know what necklace you're talking about!" Alya just growled and went to comfort Lila. Even after Alya left, Marinette was still excited.

Today was the last day for the class to be in Gotham, so the class was going to WE Tower for a tour and then going to a Wayne Gala as special guests. Marinette made all the outfits for her group plus the Wayne's outfits.

"Ok, class!" Mdme. Bustiar clapped her hands, getting the class' attention. "It's now time to go where we have all been waiting to go, Wayne Enterprises Tower!" The class tittered excitedly as they filed onto the bus.

There were obvious divisions.

Most of the class took up the front half of the bus while Marinette and her friends were in the back with at least one row of seats between the groups. Mdme. Bustier looked at her class sadly.

She wished Marinette had responded better to Lila. Marinette was being a very bad role model, not letting others be in her friend group. Marinette and Chloe were leaning towards each other and whispered to each other.

Mdme. Bustiar frowned and clapped her hands.

"I'm going to assign you seat partners for this bus ride, so that we can become closer as a class!"

As Mdme. Bustier started to rattle off names, it was clear that she was pairing people from the two groups together. "-and finally Marinette and Lila." Marinette's eyes widened and she hesitantly stood up to go sit next to Lila.

Lila got up, planning to offer Marinette the window seat while she sat in the aisle seat and could pretend that Marinette had pushed her; but Marinette was faster.

Smiling sweetly, Marinette looked at Lila. "No, it's ok, you don't have to move for me. You can have the window seat." Lila froze where she was as Marinette sat down on the very edge of the seat. Turning to Lila, Marinette pointedly asked her. "So, how do you enjoy Gotham so far?"

Lila was trapped.

If she didn't answer, then Marinette would become the victim; but Lila didn't want to talk to Marinette!

Lila smiled painfully. "Well I've been here so many times and seen everything. So it's not that special."

"Oh," Marinette continued the conversation, being the bigger person. "Even though I've visited Gotham multiple times as well, it never ceases to amaze me." Marinette smiled sweetly and spoke softly to Lila. "You think that you've won, but sweetie? You didn't win, you never will. Eventually all your lies will come tumbling down and when they do, you better bet that I had a play in it. I keep all my cards close to my chest, but do you even have any cards to hide?" Marinette spoke at a normal volume again. "Well, I hope that you can find something in Gotham to enjoy!" Smiling sweetly again, Marinette plugged in her earplugs and started listening to music on her phone. Her backpack was held in her arms, so Lila couldn't do anything without being obvious.

Lila huffed and looked out the window, scheming.