- 𝟏𝟒𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

ROSALINE FELT herself being roused by the sounds of plates clashing downstairs. after her and daryl's trip out to the windmill, she didn't remember much. perhaps she had fallen asleep and the marksman had brought them back to the house they shared.

     her eyes strained as she faced the window, filtered sunlight causing her to scrunch them back closed before turning her attention on visenya's cot. it was empty, absent of the toddler leaving rosaline guessing that daryl had woken up much earlier. her sleep had been quite deep - she never felt him leave.

clasping a hand over her mouth to muffle a yawn, the woman shuffled off the bed and headed towards the wardrobe for a change of clothes before entering the living area. the smell of something cooking filled her nostrils before a familiar pelt brushed against her legs. rhaegar looked up at her with a longing stare, rosa patting his head before glancing over to where daryl was stirring something in a pot with visenya at his hip.

"sleep well?" he asked genuinely, adjusting his hold on his daughter.

his wife gave a small nod approaching the pot. canned soup enhanced with a bit of daryl's touch. the man could only work with what was given to them, "what's the plan for today?"

"you got anything in mind?"

rosaline took a moment to answer, mulling over their options before her sights focused on the pot, "well actually, yes. i was thinking we could ask maggie to take visenya for a while and we could go hunt for some game and get some wood for the repairs. what do you think?"

the suggestion actually peaked daryl's interest, causing the man to turn to her with a quirked brow and curious expression, "you think maggie will take 'er?"

"of course she will." she assured, "maggie is practically her god mother. besides, maybe it'll give her an excuse to have some time away from work to be with hershel."

daryl beckoned rosaline to take visenya as he plated their mediocre breakfast, "alright. where do ya think we can go?"

rosaline plopped herself on the couch, taking a pillow and propping her daughter up against it before taking the bowl away from daryl's hands, spooning the food onto it with a hum, "considering most of the area has been plowed over by the whisperers and the horde we might have to take it a bit further."

"can't go too far." daryl warned, shaking his head, "gotta think about how we're gonna load the things we find, if we find anything at all."