Chapter 25 - You're Alive?!

I was floating. The sudden peacefulness around me directly contrasted the chaotic scene I had just died in. I just lay there letting the quiet peace surround me but then I was ripped off the utopia.

Slap! The sound of hand hitting cheek broke the peaceful quiet. I opened my eyes looking up at a furious Claire.

"You killed yourself !" My daughter shouted into my face "You won't bond with your soulmates because they are a liablity! Mom your are so stupid sometimes!"

I raise my hands in surrender as Claire goes to hit me again "Honey please let's be reasonable if your uncle Victor discovers them, they will be as good as dead."

She might have a more petite stature but my daughter had a swing that would make anyone back down. Claire nodded a little, lowering her arm and instead grabbed my hand to help me up. I took a second to take in the beautiful view of Soul World. The orange hue of the place gave off a calming aurora, that peacefulness of death. Claire had explained to me the first time I had been here that this was the world between our world and the afterlife. The archway that I had never been able to cross through.

"I am sorry but it was the only way to keep them safe." I whispered glancing lonely at the archway

Claire's cold hand slipped into mine giving it a small squeeze "What do you feel?"

Her question stumped me for a second. "Honey, I don't know what..." then it hit me like a wave washing over me, faint emotions that weren't mine "I feel longing, regret, fear but also hope and happiness. But it isn't me."

Claire shook her head "No, there not your emotions." She grabbed my arm pushing up my sleeve revealing the two marks ''They are theirs. The bonds might not be connected fully but they are there lying dormant and if you look closely they are there. You can't run from this mom, not this time."

I nodded slowly, "You're right, you're always right." I glanced longingly at the archway one last time "Will it ever be over daughter? Will I ever be able to rest?"

Claire signed "I don't know. But I know that it is not your time yet, you still have so much left out there waiting for you. See you later ma." She gave me a quick shove making me fall backwards.

With a grasp my eyes flew open and my body heaved as oxygen rushed through my veins. I am back bitches! I lay in a hospital bed staring up at a familiar ceiling. How long was I gone for?

Rolling off the bed I quickly checked myself in the mirror, for a recently dead person I look like shit. The entire right sleeve of my jacket was burned to a crisp from the stone's energy. Quickly stripping off my jacket and tank top I exchange it for the clean t-shirt sitting on the table by the bed. Now it's time for a long drink.

I walked through the halls of the Tower looking for alcohol. Stupid Tony and his stupid parties. Why can I never find a drink when I need one! The tip of my nose tingled a little, someone was talking about me.

"You have a dead fugitive in your lab Stark! You didn't think to call me when she first showed up here!" Huh? I climbed the stairs to the common room coming to a stop right before the door.

I could hear Stark yelling back "I told you she isn't dead Fury! Now would you shut the fuck up and let me find them?!"

Figuring I should intervene before they tore each other apart I walked through the door. The room got deathly quiet as I strolled across the common room tearing open the kitchen cabinets until I found my prize. With a little squeal of delight I snatched the bottle pulling off the top and gulping down the cold rum. That hit the right spot.

Feeling the slight buzz of the alcohol I turned to look at Earth's Mightiest Heroes staring at me in shock.

"You're alive?!"

I shot daggers at Pietro Maximoff, yeah I knew everyone's names from Peter's constant ranting "Of course I'm alive dumbass. Now close your mouth before you catch a fly."

*Don't Forget To Drop A Comment!*