Kaeya Alberich x Insecure male reader

Game: Genshin Impact
Type: Comfort

Plot: (Y/n) was bottling up all his feelings for the past few years. He finally snapped and Kaeya was there to comfort him.

⚠️ Warning: I haven't watched/read the whole thing, so sorry if it's OOC, or weird. This contains gay content, and some contain lime/lemon/smut and colorful language.

Attempts of suicide
Depression

A/n: I am a bit insecure, not everyone's insecurity is the same as mine or others. This is not an accurate depiction of insecurity.
------------------------------

(Y/n) looked down at his hands as he was on top of Starsnatch Cliff.

It was very early in the morning and it took him a few hours to get on top of here by walking. Not to say he had to avoid all those monsters which only made his path longer.

When (Y/n) arrived he felt shame overcome his body as he rolled into a ball at the top of the cliff. "I deserve this... I deserve this..." He muttered to himself over and over again. Tears slipped down his face feeling his heartache at the feeling.

How did this all start? He asked himself over and over again. He shouldn't be jealous, he doesn't have the right to be jealous. He was just a side character in this little play of theirs. He remembers all those times Kaeya would flirt with him when drunk, but each time he convinced himself Kaeya thought he was another person.

But each time he thought that way his heart would once again ache. He knew He had a crush on the captain but he always pushed those feelings down, trapped inside a door away from his heart.

But the door burst open today when he saw Kaeya being suggestive to a woman inside the tavern. All he wanted was to talk to the winery owner for a bit about his feelings and have a few drinks to relax for a bit but saw something he shouldn't instead. He wanted to slap that woman away from Kaeya and take the man all to himself.

But he doesn't have the right to do that. (Y/n) just ran out the door before anyone could notice him, at least that's what he thought so since no one came after him.

Then a thought hit him. Of course, Kaeya would like women, his body could never compare to that of a woman, how dare he even think that he was worth Kaeya's time, how selfish he was. (Y/n) sighed finished with that thought. He stood up and looked up into the night sky.

Loneliness was all he felt, he wanted to sleep. Sleep forever, locking away his disgusting feelings of love from Kaeya's acknowledgment. (Y/n) closed his eyes as a dark thought surfaced in his mind. 'Nobody's watching... they wouldn't mind if I... NO! I can't be selfish, what will my parents think of my death?!'

(Y/n) walked to the edge of the cliff. 'I don't deserve to live, I can't do anything right, I don't even think of others when I do something...' One of his feet bangled off the ledge, all it will take will be a slight tilt for him to fall off into the water below. The water below looked more and more tempting, but before he could contemplate even more arms wrapped themselves around his torso pulling him back from the ledge.

The two bodies fell on top of each other causing a grunt from both of them. But when (Y/n) tried to get up those arms only tightened and brought him back down again and again. "Let go!" He yelled slightly terrified of the other's strength. He turned his head back to yell at the guy face to face but he recognized who they were.

Kaeya had a serious face on, something he usually doesn't have. Kaeya looked up at (Y/n) making the other lightly terrified of what they would do. "What do you think you're doing?" Kaeya's stern voice struck a chord in (Y/n).

'I angered him.' He thought as he looked into Kaeya's diamond eyes. "What do you think you're doing?!" Kaeya said yelling this time, he was saddened by (Y/n) that's for sure. (Y/n) froze, even if he did deserve to be yelled at he never thought it would be Kaeya to do it.

Kaeya's heavy breathing indicated that he ran up the hill. Kaeya noticed the way (Y/n) froze as his heart aches for the man in his arms. Kaeya flipped (Y/n) so the two were fully facing one another, he brought them into a hug wanting to feel the other's touch on his skin. Wanting to know they were alive in front of him. His hands were still a bit shaky from what he witnessed a few minutes back.

(Y/n) didn't know what to do as he heard Kaeya's pleas in his ears, begging him to promise not to try something like that again.

(Y/n) spoke as he patted Kaeya on the back, wanting the other to calm down as soon as possible even though he knew Kaeya wouldn't. They were dealing with serious thoughts of suicide and maybe even more serious stuff.

'I can't even keep you happy...'

(Y/n) suddenly remembered the mission he messed up on today and only felt even more useless. It was a simple task of clearing a hilichurl camp but the number of monsters exceeded expectations and he was beaten down severely. Probably would have died if not for the Traveler to be nearby.

He remembers not returning a book that Miss Lisa yelled at him for, though he knew she was just warning him. He was too tired that day to move, he was too weak and he trained all day the day before to get stronger.

Even though it's not much but it has been stacking over the years has been heavy for him.

(Y/n) felt like he wasn't a useful member of society, he had no special values. Just another background character waiting to die from old age. So why...why is Kaeya here stopping him from wasting space and air? Did they feel pity for him? He didn't deserve it even if they did.

"Please tell me why you would try something like this?" Kaeya whispered, pulling back from the hug and looking into those broken (e/c) hues Kaeya waited for an answer. They just looked at each other, no sentence was spoken, not even a single sound was heard other than the rustling of the grass around them.

They sat before each other with (Y/n)'s back facing the rising sun. The harsh glare of the sunlight lightened (Y/n)'s back casting a soft shadow onto Kaeya. The sight only made things even sadder how he could see the tears falling down the other's face.

He got near (Y/n) wiping those tears off of the delicate face. He got closer to the other's face wanting to cheer them up a bit. He knew about (Y/n)'s feelings, those little glances, blushes, he saw it all. He never realized those thoughts were circling (Y/n)'s mind and he thought everything was okay.

Just a few hours ago he was talking to a female wanting to tease (Y/n) and let them confess sooner. But he didn't realize how much damage he had caused to do this. When he saw the face (Y/n) had made he regretted everything. When Kaeya tried chasing after (Y/n) the woman, who thought Kaeya was really into her, grabbed Kaeya's hands and wouldn't let him go.

She made a fuss at the tavern since she was drunk, but it wasn't until Diluc had enough, which was rare since he had quite a bit of patience. He kicked her out and Kaeya was set free. It was one of the rare times DIluc will acknowledge him, but since their friend was on the line for this time he made an exception and personally dragged the woman away from Kaeya allowing the other man to chase after the other.

It took a very long time to find out the exact directions (Y/n) went. Kaeya tried looking for any freshly destroyed hilichurl camps but found none. Had to ask a few stragglers out in the woods until he finally found (Y/n) on top of Starsnatch Cliff...looking like he was about to jump off.

And that's how he got here. A face so close to (Y/n) and with just a lean he could kiss the other cheek. (Y/n) didn't move as he can feel Kaeya's hot breath fanning his cheek making it burn slightly from the heat. He tilted his head and pressed his lips onto Kaeya's.

But dread immediately settled as he pulled away apologizing for his sudden behavior. Thinking he messed up something again (Y/n) tried to get away from Kaeya. But before he can leave, Kaeya pressed him down onto the grass cupping his cheek, and kissed him again.

A warm feeling bloomed in (Y/n)'s chest as he closed his eyes to enjoy the kiss. He felt as if he was able to do anything he wanted. He felt stronger than before now that the chains that hung him down were broken just enough.

But most importantly... he felt happy.

He smiled when Kaeya pulled away for air. His smile was only enhanced with half of the sky shining in stars while the other was covered with the sun. Everything felt so perfect in Kaeya's eyes as he looked at his new lover. The other's smile only made his spark, Kaeya laughed as he nuzzled into his lover's neck. Happily laying on top of (Y/n) now that the sad moments were over.

They just stayed there as Kaeya and (Y/n) spoke without a care in the world about all the interesting things they could think of. Kaeya pecked (Y/n)'s lips when he stopped talking in the middle of the sentence, which attracted (Y/n)'s attention once again. The kiss caused him to flush red, making Kaeya tease him.

(Y/n) had Kaeya to help him with things, good or bad. As long as Kaeya was with him, he could face anything. But even so, he still needs to talk to Kaeya about his mental state. (Y/n)'s sure they can overcome it.

A couple's laughter was heard echoing into the vast space before them. Making whoever heard the laughter smile knowing or unknowingly.

End

Once again, do not get mad at me for not describing insecurity correctly, or it doesn't fit in what you believe in what insecurity is. I based this on what people described it as and what I feel.