Chapter 3

"What did you just do?" Loki's expression was a mix of curiosity and worry with just a hint of fear. My head began to pound and I looked around in confusion. "Y/N." Hearing my name brought me back into focus. "What was that?"

"I don't know." 

Ignoring any instincts telling him to stay away, Loki marched towards me and bent down to examine me.

"It seems to be some sort of defense mechanism to prevent any kind of infiltration or otherwise incursion on you. Fascinating." I only stared at him blankly.

"English please." His long words were too fancy. 

Loki just rolled his eyes. "Whatever this was, it protected you when I tried to read your mind." That was cool, I guess.

"Well at least you won't read my mind now." I gave a small laugh, trying to make a break in the grave matter. Loki stood to his feet and walked to the energy wall separating us from the outside.

"Whatever it was, it interfered with the energy in the cell. Could you do it again?" he asked, turning to me. 

"Umm, I don't know." Loki pulled me to my feet, placing his hands on my shoulders and staring me in the eyes. 

"Come on, think. Concentrate. Try and do it again." I pulled away from his grip and stepped back. This was freaking me out. I didn't even know what this was. But it was distracting me from escaping. Or  maybe it would help me escape. I knew that was a bad idea because Odin's guards would just catch me and find a better form of containment but it was an option.

I looked at my hands. Most super powers were distributed by their hands, right? It was worth a go. I held my palm in front of me and pushed whatever energy I had into it. It  was a few seconds of hard concentration before I let out a giggle.

"What's so funny?" Loki growled.

"I'm sorry. I feel ridiculous." 

Loki moved infront of me with a stone cold serious face. "Listen to me. No one like you should be able to possess this power. But for some reason, you do. So just do me a favor, stop being a child, and be serious for five minutes so we can figure out how to do this."

I gave a sigh and tried again. This time I relaxed my arms by my side and just focused on breathing. Focused on what my brain and body told me to do. I felt power tingle in my fingers and looked down at the black sparks emitting from my fingers. My gaze flew to Loki who was intently staring at my hands. I pushed harder and the force field around us began to flicker ever so slightly. Everything within me was concentrating on this very moment.

"Y/N!" My concentration flew out the window at the sound of my name. Loki grunted in protest as Thor approached the cell. "Excellent news. My father has allowed me to take you with me under my strict supervision." Great. Another babysitter. I swear this universe thought I was five. 

Thor disabled the force field long enough to pull me through without allowing Loki to escape. When I glanced back, I noticed a glimmer of disappointment and betrayal in Loki's stern glare.

"Sorry Lokes, I'll be back." Following Thor, Loki's snort of disapproval caught my attention, but I chose to ignore it, leaving the prison level and walking up the stairs to the surface. "So how on earth did you convince Odin to let me out?"

"I merely informed him of your helpfulness on Midgard and mentioned that this would be a perfect way to prove I am capable of managing threats to Asgard," he said with a proud smile before adding, "I also assured him I wouldn't let you out of my sight." Terrific.

"I'm not a threat."

"Father seems to think so. But what better way to convince him otherwise." We reached the top of the stairs and Thor hugged me in close. "Hold on."

"Wait, what? No!" But Thor ignored me, twirling Mjolnir fast enough to lift us off the ground, pulling us out of the castle and over Asgard. From up above, I'm sure it looked wonderful, that is if I hadn't hidden myself in Thor's chest, terrified of looking down. My grip onto him turned my knuckles white and I refused to let go until we reached the ground.

It wasn't until Thor let me go that I recognized my surroundings as the Bifrost. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." Not helpful.

Heimdall gave me a shifty look as we walked past. I gave an awkward smile in hopes of looking not evil. I really liked this character, and I was genuinely annoyed that I had already managed to piss him off.

"You going to meet the others your majesty?"

"Indeed Heimdall. I'll be taking her with me." Without further questions, Heimdall activated the machine, launching both Thor and I into the wonders of the Bifrost. 

We landed on a dry barren patch of soil and Thor launched his hammer into the empty air while the Bifrost left the ground. It loyally returned which he caught expertly, dramatically staring at the raging battle ahead.

"HOLY SH-" Before I could finish, Thor jumped high before smashing down, causing a shockwave to topple fighters to the dirt.

A raven-haired warrior flipped her hair towards us with a growl. "I've got this completely under control." She hissed through her teeth.

"Is that why everything's on fire?"

"Thor?!" I cried, still not having moved from the spot where we landed. "I've never actually fought a battle before. What the hell am I doing here!"

"You said you have dark magic, use it." Right, like it so obviously easy. 

I tried and tried to use the magic, I really did, but it wasn't like the mind reading. I didn't automatically know how to do it. 

A large, angry looking creature raced towards me, kicking its legs as it ran. I screamed and ran backwards, tripping over onto my ass. Seriously! I just got here; I didn't want to die yet. Just my luck, Fandral came out of nowhere to slice the creature in half. He offered his arm to help me up which I nervously took. How embarrassing.

"I'm Fandral, Milady" he introduced himself.

"I know."

As he was about to question my answer, the fighting around us halted to a standstill as a rocky giant approached Thor from amongst the crowd of people. The crowd chanted its name, but I couldn't make out what it was.

It slammed its weapon into the ground and roared.

"I accept your surrender," Thor joked, earning a laugh of mockery from the crowd. But within the minute, Thor swung his hammer, bringing it up to the giant's chin and smashing it to smithereens. "Anyone else?"

As if on cue, everyone started dropping their weapons and falling to their knees, accepting defeat at the hands of Asgard.

Fandral sighed and said, "perhaps next time we should start with the big one."