chapter 37

The rouges, the lips color… everything on Song Qinghan’s face right now just came to a total mess. Lin Dafu arrived with a look of utter bewilderment, saying, “You even forget how to put on your makeup now? You were such a beauty chaser before!”

On the other side, Song Qinghan didn’t want to make any fun of it currently, what he worried about was that if he didn’t get rid of the rouges in time, that would probably be sticky and rough on his face. He then came to grab the sleeves of Lin Dafu, begging, “Bring me water here. I don’t want to go myself because I probably will scare people.”

Lin Dafu was somehow reluctant to leave while he was gazing at the hands of Song Qinghan.

This man missed so much how Song Qinghan relied him on everything.

But noticing the sorrow and pitiful countenance of Song Qinghan, he couldn’t make a rejection.

Water, warm water, that was a life-saving straw for Song Qinghan right now, well, thanks to Lin Dafu. With the warm water splashing on face, Song Qinghan removed all the dirty powder.

He gazed back at the bronze mirror, no even a trace of any rouge was left, he then said with a great satisfaction, “These are not waterproof ones, otherwise, I probably can’t get rid of them that easy.”

Lin Dafu looked at him and suddenly said, “It’s fine if you really don’t how to put on a makeup, just comb your hair.”

What Lin Dafu said did arouse the internal drive for excellence of Song Qinghan. He wasn’t someone of impotence but of rebellion. He rolled up his sleeves, confirming, “Who told you that? I am just inexperienced, I will surely bring you a surprise.”

Closing the door, Lin Dafu shook his head, saying, “Fine, then keep on producing your perfect face. I will leave for the arrangement now.”

They didn’t even meet on lunch time because of the custom which wouldn’t allow the to-be-married couple see each other before the ceremony.

Being so lonely having his lunch, Lin Dafu sat there with no appetite without the accompany of Song Qinghan. He did not get himself used to have the meal without Song Qinghan even they just stayed together for two days.

Night fell again as the sun dipped down, Lin Dafu came to the room where Song Qinghan stayed suppressing the excitement deep in his mind, and then knocked on the door.

A figure showed up inside in a big wedding gown, it was Song Qinghan wearing a red veil on his head, slowly walking outward.

Lin Dafu delivered an end of the red silk fabric into Song Qinghan’s hands while he was holding another end, the “couple” walked to the “banquet” in parallel in a rather slow yet gracious steps.

Well, the “banquet”, as one of the most crucial parts in Chinese traditional wedding ceremony, hosted none currently. A big smile appeared right on Lin Dafu’s face even though no one here witnessing the great moment.

“First, bow to the heaven and earth!”

“Second, bow to the parents!”

“Now, wedding couple bows to each other!”

Being as the “bridegroom”, Lin Dafu also played the role of priest, he guided Song Qinghan to post the right gestures while he was speaking.

“Ceremony completed! Now send the couple to nuptial chamber.”

Lin Dafu held the hands of Song Qinghan heading to the decorated room. Sitting on bed, he spoke to Song Qinghan, “I will go out for a drink, wait for me.”