chapter 38

“But why? What did you do to Han?” said Wu Dahu, frowning tight.

Lin Dafu chuckled with his lean chuckle, saying, “Wang Huailing is still a big trouble to Han. So do you think that Han would choose you? You can’t even protect yourself.”

“Did you threaten him?” asked Wu Dahu, fetching a long breath.

Even so, he had to admit and accept the fact Lin Dafu mentioned.

If it wasn’t Lin Dafu, he probably was still locked up in jail.

Lin Dafu seemed to have seen through his inner thoughts, but then asked, “Do you really think that Han is one easy to be hoaxed or threatened? Or you can just think about the other side of it, I mean the promising side. He just didn’t want to get you into such troubles. I can save you this time, but there might be a second time, or third? Don’t ever think that I am a charity or philanthropist.”

Wu Dahu’s pouted his lips, and commenced believing he was not the one able to eloquent in retorting Lin Dafu.

“But I got something to speak to him, personally!” gushed Wu Dahu.

“Dare you? You’re going to push him in a dilemma!” shouted Lin Dafu, getting into a towering rage.

With that warnings, Wu Dahu took a pause and stood there irresolute, commencing hesitating.

Well, that doubtlessly made sense, he could do nothing effective even if he came to greet Song Qinghan right away, but would surely put him in such a dilemma. He should give a solid credence to Song Qinghan that he would never betray him. He would come back if he really wanted… such a pitiful and lowly thought occurred to Wu Dahu in his mind.

“I’ll come home now.” said Wu Dahu, looking emotionally at Song Qinghan in the carriage.

“Have you seen Han drunken?” asked Lin Dafu, trying to confirm.

Confronting the man in front with such a queer question, Wu Dahu commenced frowning with confusion, asking, “Was Han drunk staying with you?”

Getting no direct answer he wanted, Lin Dafu showed no more eagerness to the answer by dint of the Wu Dahu’s reaction. It seemed that he got what he really wanted right from his expression.

“Mmm, true dat, I just want to show you off, nothing else. But you know, people would only be drunk when he stays with his closest partner.” said Lin Dafu, giving off a grinning look on his face.

Wu Dahu clenched his fist tight while Lin Dafu was trying to mock, then he turned around and leaf without saying anything.

Being unable to hear anything from the conversation of the two, Song Qinghan still noticed the extremely sullen expression of Wu Dahu since he was out of jail. He thought Wu Dahu might spend some bitter days being locked in jail. Guilty came out of nowhere in his mind.

Yet, the only reaction he gained from Wu Dahu was just a seemingly indifferent disregard, without even a greet or at least an eye contact.

Lin Dafu marched towards the carriage with a rather calm complexion, looking at Song Qinghan who was showing an expression of eagerness, and saying, “Something you might ask?”

Nodding, Song Qinghan commenced gushing out all his questions at once while fetching a deep breath, “Didn’t you say that it was hard for you to speak to the officials? How come they just let Dahu out as long as you came there and just greeted with them? Will Wang Huailing continue to trouble us? What did you say to Dahu just now, I see him with such a sullen face.”

Lin Dafu kept his calmness, showing his self-possessed face in front, saying, “Well, you can’t tell it’s difficult or not if you just focus on the surface of the matter and the consequence. Everything went so smooth today isn’t because the yamen runners are omnipotent, nor am I. But I did negotiate with the ones higher the pecking order than them. As for Wang Huailing, he won’t be able to set you up again with the restriction of the county magistrate. And I’ve heard that the county magistrate commence sending Wang Huailing to other places.”