chapter 39

“The operations?” repeated Lin Dafu.

At the moment Song Qinghan was ready for his perfectly eloquent improvisation, he was interrupted by Lin Dafu, the one showed no interest on the certain meanings of the words, “Is that all you wish? To stay in a remote place?”

Shaking his head vigorously, Song Qinghan denied, “Of course not! That must belong to some sorts of excursion for pursuing the basic knowledge transmission. Yet, in terms of a livelihood, I prefer to stay around the towns. For one thing, it’s tranquil. And second for its convenience for daily life.”

No Frauds. Lin Dafu could clearly understand the way how Song Qinghan talked, he knew he was not lying currently, nodding thoughtfully and asking, “So tell me. From which situation will you tell a lie? Like, you’re disguising yourself in the whole conversation.”

Feeling extremely odd, Song Qinghan came to deny, saying, “I am not that kind of person who tells lies.”

Lin Dafu paused but then toughened his attitude, saying, “Suppose that you’re required to tell one. Then what will the reason be?”

That was kind of a weird and head-scratching question for Song Qinghan, for instance he was not able to answer. But for quite a long while, he replied, “If I have to tell a lie, I think that must be a lie of kindness, a more acceptable way of expression for the other party. In addition, at the prerequisite of not hurting people, while telling a lie prevailing confessing a truth, I would choose to tell a lie.”

Lin Dafu didn’t act responding immediately, nor he moved, but stared at Song Qinghan in a rather astonishing look. But at the moment he saw Song Qinghan yawning, he regain his clear head and said, “Go rest yourself.”

Mission of another half day completed! Song Qinghan felt so proud that he almost triumphed.

No matter how the rest days would suffer him, he just cheered in thinking that he would be released from this “Spiritual and Physical” Jail. Freedom awaited him.

Upon waking next morning about daylight, Song Qinghan found again a pair of bright piercing eyes just staring him aside within the bed. It was Lin Dafu who seemed to have recovered from the unceasingly eerie grief yesterday.

Luckily, being rather immune to the pitiful countenance, Song Qinghan got himself up in an unusual equanimity, asking, “So, what’s your plan today?”

Lin Dafu helped Song Qinghan put on his shoes and answered slowly, “As you wish, we’re heading to somewhere remote as you described last night!”

With a shock, Song Qinghan was totally awake from his drowsy brain, saying, “Are you SERIOUS??”

“Why? Did you tell me a lie yesterday?” answered Lin Dafu, frowning.

It could be clearly sensed that Lin Dafu was with a rage at that moment from his words full of suspicion. Song Qinghan shook his head, denying, “Of course not. But how come? No scalpel, no other basic operational tools. ”

“Tool? List them for me! I will order the servants for the purchasing!” Lin Dafu answered.

The extreme calmness shown on his face now was rather firm, as if he thought that the simple request of Song Qinghan was just not a big deal.

With such a reluctance, Song Qinghan still commenced explaining, “I’ve ordered a kit in an iron shop already. The blacksmith told me that I could got it in two weeks. It’s not the time to go since only less than one week was passed.”

“Go and get the kit back, just tell the blacksmith the one Wu Dahu ordered.” Lin Dafu turned to one of the servants and said.

The servant leaf without even asking any further detail. Song Qinghan stood there asking, “It’s impossible for them to get the kit back. The blacksmith told me within two weeks.”